Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Looking for a DJ (all night) for 30th May 2015, Dun Laoghaire Area.

Could be persuaded for a band + dj option if there's a band out there who might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Luna2012

Hi -- sorry if this has been posted before but can't find --- I'm looking for a 1 - 2 piece band to play my wedding. Its a small venue so don't want the typical wedding sound - plus don't want to pay the ridiculous prices! Looking for musicians that will get people dancing, who play alternative music like a really good pub musician. Finding it really hard to find anyone so any suggestion would be great - based in Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you trued going around the pubs with music and just asking them.. Im with you and the outrageous prices it is mad what bands charge.. Ill open a tin of worms now by saying that but tis true... There is a great kinda of session and that play in the Venue bar who are quite good or there is a chap there too just himself and the guitar Sullie I think his name is.If you email the venue on facebook I am sure they would give you the details.. he is great I must say he plays everything from trad to the bear necessities..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Luna2012 wrote: »
    Hi -- sorry if this has been posted before but can't find --- I'm looking for a 1 - 2 piece band to play my wedding. Its a small venue so don't want the typical wedding sound - plus don't want to pay the ridiculous prices! Looking for musicians that will get people dancing, who play alternative music like a really good pub musician. Finding it really hard to find anyone so any suggestion would be great - based in Munster

Can you give a date and rough location and a max budget if you have one so bands/entertainers can reply via pm if they're available please?

If youre booking any professional service I usually find theres 3 types of categories, Good, cheap and available. You get to pick 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hi,

Getting married on new years eve 2015 in Killarney, Kerry. Looking for a band that can play a mix of music from modern pop to a bit of diddly eye and possibly DJ once the band finishes.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Any recommendations for a wedding band to play in Gorey on the 18th December 2015?
    Many Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jragg

Hi having our wedding in Carlow on 8th July 2016....any available bands please feel free to PM w/prices.
    So glad i found this thread...choosing band really is an important decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Icefyre

Hey guys,
    Looking for a band for 30th July 2016 (spraoi weekend!) in Waterford. Any ideas?
    Ideally 80s/rock if possible.
    Band is really important to us, so want to make sure they're good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Icefyre

feel free to pm by the way :)
    (Can't edit my post for some reason - sorry!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jir

Hi,

Looking for wedding band proposals for 18th July just outside Dublin.... Feel free to PM me... Will be a mainly 20s crowd and as such am looking for someone who can 'read' the floor... If you could throw out a waltz or two it may be a bonus.

Thanks

Pat182 wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering about the rules here before i say anything. I know of a wedding band for a few of the above comments. Can i say their name etc? Thanks

sure, this is the place for it. Just do a quick search for their name here first. I tried to compile a list of all bands in this thread once and was up over 80. Most professional bands advertise on another prominent wedding advertising site and there was 100+ on my last count over there so theres a good chance theyve been mentioned already here and theres a rule of thumb that more then one mention isnt supposed to be allowed here (or else how many would be if ya get me)

Are you with them or just know them?

Cool, if you're free on a date just pm the op looking which saves everyone replying here each time and if you get some post count up can post a link to your band then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Looking for a wedding band to play in West Cork for September '16. We are hoping to find a nice mix with a Pop/70s/80s/60s mix, nothing too RocknRoll or country but still with 2-3 Waltz numbers to keep the Nanas and Aunties happy.

Any recommendation I would very grateful to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Any recommendations for a Church Singer in Carlow? Church singers please feel free to PM me. Getting married mid June 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drifter17

Hi All,

Have garnered quite a bit of information from boards in the past and hoping my first post will be equally as beneficial.

I'm getting married in June 2017 in Co. Donegal so was optimistic that we would have our pick of suppliers but have come a bit unstuck when choosing the wedding band.

What we're after:
    - 3-4 piece band playing a mostly modern repertoire with a few of the classic Irish/country tunes thrown in.
    - Lead male vocalist
    - Willing to travel to Donegal

Having trawled the usual wedding websites/youtube I've been largely underwhelmed/uninterested by most of what is on offer especially when placed alongside their quotes. As an example of the groups we do like are:

The Good Guys - Genuinely not that overpriced considering their quality but out of our budget.
    Late Nite Radio - Already booked up almost 3 years in advance for our wedding date.
    PartyRox - Look top notch on the internet but heard they may have changed the lead singer in the past few months.

Can anyone suggest similar alternatives/suppliers proffer their services? Happy for any PMs.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Nba man

Hi, i am getting married 28th of August in Tipperary and looking for a wedding band who play current, classics and a couple of waltz songs, any bands out there free on this date pm me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smilieann

I am looking for a good country and western wedding band for my wedding. Alot of bands now play pop or latest hits. I am looking for a band who plays lots of lively country jives and waltzes. Based in Cavan/ Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pat182

Nba man wrote: »
    Hi, i am getting married 28th of August in Tipperary and looking for a wedding band who play current, classics and a couple of waltz songs, any bands out there free on this date pm me, thanks

Hi, we'd be available on that date, if you like to check us out? Point Blank. You can find on fb or check our website. Or you can pm me here and i can forward on some details.

smilieann wrote: »
    I am looking for a good country and western wedding band for my wedding. Alot of bands now play pop or latest hits. I am looking for a band who plays lots of lively country jives and waltzes. Based in Cavan/ Longford.

can you post in the sticky at the top of this forum, please specify the general location of the wedding and the specific date to see if a band are free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 smilieann

The wedding is in County Cavan on 23rd April 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

We just booked a band called Bunoscionn they are great. To look at you think trad band but they are so much more. we saw them play in town and just went for it. And surprise they aren't charging mad money for what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

Check out Vinny Mongan and Restless

They cover a wide range but also guys that double as fiddle and banjo players in the band so would suit your style.

http://www.restlessband.net/

Best of luck!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Pat182, per the thread title, only one post per band is allowed. Please read the first post in the thread before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheBigDay

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for any good wedding bands? We'd like a band that:

1. does crooner/swing dance music (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra etc.);
    2. isn't too precious to do a few crowd-pleasers (the stuff that people in their 60s like dancing to - as they're always the first people onto the dance floor at weddings);
    3. will travel to Mayo/Sligo area; and
    4. won't bankrupt us entirely!

We're arranging this wedding from the other side of the world. So, we won't be able to check out the band in advance and are quite reliant on personal recommendations.

All suggestions gratefully accepted!

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pat182

Toots wrote: »
    Pat182, per the thread title, only one post per band is allowed. Please read the first post in the thread before posting again.

Sorry mate. Won't happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poppins 15

Hi, I am looking for a wedding band in Mayo for April 2016 that play a mix of everything. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

TheBigDay wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for any good wedding bands? We'd like a band that:

1. does crooner/swing dance music (Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra etc.);
    2. isn't too precious to do a few crowd-pleasers (the stuff that people in their 60s like dancing to - as they're always the first people onto the dance floor at weddings);
    3. will travel to Mayo/Sligo area; and
    4. won't bankrupt us entirely!

We're arranging this wedding from the other side of the world. So, we won't be able to check out the band in advance and are quite reliant on personal recommendations.

All suggestions gratefully accepted!

Not sure of budget,think this crowd might be pricey but my Buble loving friend has booked The Bentley Boys. Think they offer different size bands too, probably a 4 piece and a 6 piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

It depends on what you consider bankrupting price wise but we really like The Velvet Lounge Band. My sister had them nearly 9 years ago, and we've booked them as well.

Advertisement