Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Season 5 (WILL contain spoilers)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

or her show dawn that beth wasnt as weak as dawn thought

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Lol Micky ...the iPads are ingenious, the last one about who survives is priceless, great find! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Sand

allibastor wrote: »
    I think they end up going to Washington anyway. Seeing Morgan come back I would think they will follow the hilltop story.

I'd be surprised if they ever leave the state of Georgia, physically or otherwise. The state offers significant incentives for filming that a show like the Walking Dead relies on. Also the same theme or plot lines can be run in Georgia, there is nothing about the plot lines that specifically requires Washington. They changed Rick Grimes from being a sheriff in Kentucky to being a sheriff in a fictional county in Georgia afterall. The motivation to go there has already been removed.

I think that was one of the flaws of the comic series characters and locations were introduced and dismissed very rapidly, and then reintroduced again under a different name. Locations changed, the basic plotline from the last location was repeated. It was most apparent to me with Tyreese and Abraham. Both essentially are the same alpha male types who play exactly the same role in the story. They are physically stronger than Rick, they initially question and threaten his leadership, but Rick is ultimately victorious in converting them into a right hand man.

The TV series gets criticism but I think it has been a little more disciplined in not having a cast of essentially identical characters/locations. It has succeeded in clearly defining Tyreese from Abraham in my opinion in a way the comics never really bothered doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

when is it back on?

also not sure about other series but in series four there was a theme of 'you don't get to come back' to what you were before. The irish girl in the first episode talks about how she cant come back from the things shes done. Rick cant come back and he finally realises that in the last episode when he tears out the throat of Joe.

Series 5 I think is 'your either the butcher or the cattle'. The cannibals/hunters live by this mantra but we see Rick and co going by the same thought. They savagely kill the hunters in the church and although the group try to find another way to go in and save beth (although Rick was against this from the start) , they realise they cant trust the police officer when he attacks sasha. I don't think the old Rick would have knocked him down like that. But he doesn't have any remorse about it. Any other thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I believe the new series is starting on or around February 8th

I'll setup a new thread for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Old Rick is dead and gone, he is with O'Leary in the grave.

Years on the road will teach you to become more ruthless, when he starts fcuking over innocents it will get dark, but right now he has just naturally evolved.

Advertisement