Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Roadamte

Options
  • 01-07-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Does anyone know where i could get a samsung roadmate in ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Does anyone know where i could get a samsung roadmate in ireland.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/catering/3215720

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ThePandaboy

Thank you but looking foe 24 volt

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

24v to 12v inverter could be used. Not too dear on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ThePandaboy

defike wrote: »
    24v to 12v inverter could be used. Not too dear on ebay.

I do understand that but i dont have much room and do not want to add and inverter as i am installing it in a truck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You're not the only one looking for one, and they're hard come by

Better off going with an inverter and a cheap regular microwave.

• Advertisement

Better off going with an inverter and a cheap regular microwave.

For people thinking of going this route starting current can be 1.5 to 2 times rated output and inverter output is always overstated so you'd want a 2000w inverter for an 800w microwave. You're going to need some very hefty cable on the 12v side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

1500W inverter would be ample for an 800W microwave.

Running on 12 Volts its quite hefty though. The inverter would be drawing at least 70 amps to power it. You'd want to know what you're doing if you're going this route though.

That said, half that for running an inverter of similar size off 24V. 35A would be a reasonable draw from an inverter of similar size.

Failing that, you can take the 12V microwave and run it from one of the two batteries in the truck.

1500W inverter would be ample for an 800W microwave.

Running on 12 Volts its quite hefty though. The inverter would be drawing at least 70 amps to power it. You'd want to know what you're doing if you're going this route though.

That said, half that for running an inverter of similar size off 24V. 35A would be a reasonable draw from an inverter of similar size.

Failing that, you can take the 12V microwave and run it from one of the two batteries in the truck.

Microwaves are rated on power output not input an 800w microwave depending on design could draw 1250w continuous. Say inverter efficiency is 85% at that loaf then the inverter will draw 1500W at that kind of load battery voltage will fall unless the engine is running say 11.8v. That makes 127A.

Advertisement