Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended PSP Homebrew

Options
  • 01-08-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Anyone want to recommend some PSP homebrew they think is essential?

In particular I'm looking for original homebrew games I can run on a 3.40 OE-A PSP, games that aren't emulations and aren't especially difficult to get running.

As many PSP hacking sites seems to have a tendency to also cover programs that would breach the forum charter I'd ask you not to go to the trouble of linking to the site the homebrew can be found on. I'm resourceful, if you only give me the name of the homebrew and a description I can just use either google of clusty to find it, and no one gives the mods a headache and a reason to issue warnings or reach for the ban hammer.

(And before anyone does anything silly that I haven't thought of, consider re-reading the: you don't want to get banned for doing some thing that the mods have said countless times NOT to do)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

DGEN sega megadrive emulator is awesome.Runs must roms perfectly.I don't play any original homebrew games, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

Hmm main Homebrew I use is PimpStreamer which is a video streamer application for the PSP so you can stream your videos wirelessly from your PC to the PSP without converting

But tbh I mainly use the PSP to play games.

Btw I'm pretty sure PSPUpdates.qj.net is completely legal as they don't host any illegal files or even link to them

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Thanks for the links guys, I'm probably being a little overcautious. It doesn't help that the Charter in no way acknowledges PSP hacking and where it stands on the does and don't.

Right now, I'm a bit more active on a few other PSP related forums than I am here, simply because there's no dos & don'ts. PSPhacking101.com for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Try IRShell it lets you use your PSP as a universal remote. And btw I just got pimpstreamer, its class thanks for mentioning that Milo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Psp updates (.qj) is the best site for news and homebrew.

Heres a tip for pimpstreamer...change your routers wireless mode from mixed mode to "b".
    See screenshot (eircom router).
    blahff2.th.jpg

Click save and let the router restart, then open pimpstreamer server and set the video bitrate to "800".

Shuld be a lot faster now and stutter less frequently.
    Very nice yeasss!

Edit: Also, there is a plugin for custom firmwares that scans wireless hotspots and reports them to you in the xmb.
    warpspscreenshotqjpreviwn7.png
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-poc-warpspxmb-alpha-105194.html
    Download

And finally.
    PspTube
    32319dd4.bmp
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-flash-player-discussions-releases-267/t-psptube-hombebrew-play-youtube-videos-wo-hosting-on-wifi-117293.html <-read that
    Download

• Advertisement
Advertisement