Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motoring + vrt

Options
  • 18-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, can anyone tell me what documents i must bring with me when i bring the car to pay for the vrt.I am bringing in a car from England, but intend not putting on the road for another 5 years. Must i pay vrt straight away or can i wait till im ready to put on road. What must i prove to the vrt lot.No problem paying the tax, just would rather do it when i intend to put car on road.Other wise i will have to be getting sorn`s and such. thx

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is the third time you've done this. Check the stickies if you're still having difficulties posting things in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 johndbee66

would it not be easier just to tell me where i am going wrong!!!!Not the only person it seems that has trouble posting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

You need to post in this forum here.
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1625
    It's a subsection of motors.
    With regards to one of your queries, you need to vrt it within 30 days of it arriving in ireland or you'll pay a fine at a daily rate.
    As you don't intend driving it, the best thing to do would be pay the vrt and then declare it off the road.

Advertisement