Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a android 7inch tablet

Options
  • 09-03-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi there , im looking for some help on picking a decent android tablet perferably 7 inch . i hav ea budget of around 200 euro for one . And i would like it to have decent specs . i was looking at the samsung galaxy 7.0 plus and it looked very good but it was in my budget but amazon.com wont hip to ireland and its abut 200€ more expensive off of amazom.co.uk

im looking for it to replace my ipod touch as its battery is fecked and have a cracked screen and its 3 years old now .

just want it for a few games and youtube/facebook/films
    any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I just saw a few on komplett for about 150. Archos ones I think. Would actually like to hear from others if they're any good.

EDIT: Heres one. Is this any good?
    http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/tablets/80004470/archos_10_arnova_10b_g2_8gb/details.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Resistive screen according to that link. I'd go for capacitive myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

im thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy 7.0 plus . its on amazon.com for 266 euro and it ships here but i need to know know does it have a region lock to the USA so i cant use it here and can i charge it here because we are on 220v and the us are 110v

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mr E wrote: »

Is there really that much of a noticable difference, from your experience? I've only ever used one tablet, and thats the Blackberry Playbook, which has an excellent capacitive screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

With resistive, you have to push down on the screen. With capacitive, you have to barely touch it. There is no comparison. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is there really that much of a noticable difference, from your experience? I've only ever used one tablet, and thats the Blackberry Playbook, which has an excellent capacitive screen.

A world of difference - I'd never use a resistive screen again, no matter how cheap the device was.

just found out there that the samsung one i was talking about is region locked to the US and its €200 more expensive off the amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

There's a long thread on Bargain Alerts for 7" capacitive Android tablets. I've just bought an Ainol Paladin myself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056522647

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Mr E wrote: »

Christ they still make resistive screens ??

OP simply don't buy anything with a resistive screen even if they are giving it to you for free - you will pay for it with heartache.

thanks i know how bad restistive screens are. i had a phone with one once and i hated it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

thanks i know how bad resistive screens are. i had a phone with one once and i hated it.

Went on the luas yesterday and the touch screen on the ticket vending machine wasn't responding - or so i thought - eventually I realised it must have been a resistive screen and pressed on it as though I wished to pierce it with my finger and low and behold it worked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mout

McBub / Acho C906 Android Tablet
    http://www.mcbub.com/item/ACHO-C906-9-7-Inch-IPS-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Dual-Camera-1GB-DDR3-16GB-Storage--CN110778--144821/

Just my feedback:
    purchased one of these, very fast shipping, well pacakaged - no problem with customs.
    So far it has performed very well, the screen quality is excellent. No probs with memory cards or charging.
    One thing to note is that it does not have "N" Wi-Fi, just B/G.
    Otherwise I'm happy with the product so far and the service.
    Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I bought a 7 inch Novo Elf, V happy with it, once I reflashed it with a custom Rom
    Stock Rom was v laggy

Avoid pandawill.com frustrating to deal with

If you are buying one of Chinese tabs, make sure there is an active Mod community (SlateDroid) etc, so you have access to faster roms, bug fixes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hi there , im looking for some help on picking a decent android tablet perferably 7 inch . i hav ea budget of around 200 euro for one . And i would like it to have decent specs . i was looking at the samsung galaxy 7.0 plus and it looked very good but it was in my budget but amazon.com wont hip to ireland and its abut 200€ more expensive off of amazom.co.uk

im looking for it to replace my ipod touch as its battery is fecked and have a cracked screen and its 3 years old now .

just want it for a few games and youtube/facebook/films
    any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Check this out

http://panamoz.com/index.php/ipod/htc-flyer-7-inch-tablet-pc-16gb-wifi-android.html

I ordered off these guys with no problems. A bit over your budget but it looks very nice. Great spec

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

just found out there that the samsung one i was talking about is region locked to the US and its €200 more expensive off the amazon.co.uk

Have you a link to that? It should be micro usb charged so should work anywhere.

Do you mean for 3g connectivity?

Thanks guys for the replys but ive already bought one now , i settled on the prestigio pmp5080b and its seems to be working fine

Advertisement