Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold calling/Door to Door Fresh Food Business

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sweetcupcakes

The USP of our cupcakes would be presentation and taste. I like the idea of going around, and any house that doesn't answer, put a flyer in the door and advise that I will be going around the area.

So I guess the main question at the moment, is would you buy a baked item at the door (HSE registered) for under €3? It would of course be packaged.

A bit off topic: Just looked at some shopping centres and they have a management fee of 5K then rates 8k and after all that there is the rent, they wanted 48k How are you meant to make a living?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would sure. The problem is, will you be able to sell 4 items an hour, which is the minimum you would have to sell in order to even recoup the cost of going door-to-door at minimum wage, without taking into account ingredients and overheads and labour for the actual baking. Door-to-door is very time-consuming. If you build up a round it might be ok, but that will take a while.

For sure, the rent in a shopping centre is very high. On the other hand, it's only the cost of employing two staff. If you were able to sell 50 items an hour from there, you can see how it would begin to make sense.

Important thing is to price the whole thing out overall, taking into account the hours of work involved.

Yes,that is true, I didn't look at it like that. I say after christmas, price will become even more of an issue, but well somebody needs to get out there :D

Well, we'll keep looking and see what comes up for us :) It would be great to find a away to get in front of people for as little cost as possible :d
    If only :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nlpete

Hi

Dont rent

Cut out the middle men ! they are dragging the country down with managment costs.

Get into this at the level you are comfortable with and understand.

The markets are your best starting place untill you know what your at.

You will have to take a risk but cut down on that risk as much as possible and remember that a micro biz can be very succesful once its profitable.

Be careful about your overheads, Ireland is way over priced.

Anyone will buy from you once you establish a reputation and that comes with good service, right price and time.

The renting idea is good for one thing only and that is it will tell you something about your competitions costs and the next plan / structure can be compared to it untill you come up with the one thats right.

Affiliate marketing with others in your area can boost sales and product range. websites cost too much in this country, build your own.
    Mine costs less than 250 per year and that covers everything I need.

Pete

Intersting idea about the marketing. Do you have something like this already set up?

That is a good idea :) Will have to try that :)

Advertisement