Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-05-2012, 16:56   #76
ancuncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranage2 View Post
The only thing is that it's not Stannis' men on the boats they're pirates so he probably wont care that much about them. Also Didnt littlefinger promise Renly baratheon that the gates would be open? Cant see why he wouldnt offer the same to Stannis. So I'd say all Stannis bannermen go through the gate, pirates die a firey water death.
not true it is Stannis' men just the suggler turned knight is leading them
also king's landing is at the mouth of a river leading into the sea so it's next to the sea
littlefinger would say anything to anyone he is only loyal to himself, but in the book he was sent to highgarden to get the tyrells to join the lanisters after renlys death, so it's probaly just cutting out a scene for tv to have him there at the death
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 22:10   #77
Oranage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancuncha View Post
not true it is Stannis' men just the suggler turned knight is leading them
also king's landing is at the mouth of a river leading into the sea so it's next to the sea
littlefinger would say anything to anyone he is only loyal to himself, but in the book he was sent to highgarden to get the tyrells to join the lanisters after renlys death, so it's probaly just cutting out a scene for tv to have him there at the death
Yeah I could be wrong with what I've said, it was just a guess I usually watch them on a monday morning after a 12 shift so I miss a lot of details sometimes.

Another thing I remember about the episode, Davos seemed very apprehensive about leading the ships into battle? Was it because he didnt think he was honorable/capable enough to do it or was it that he thinks he'll die?
04-05-2012, 12:36   #78
dojojoe

Send a message via MSN to dojojoe
Just read over this thread after seeing the comment in the have read the books ones. That guy is a dick. Mods should probably delete his posts tbh, sorry he ruined some stuff for you guys.
Ban him from the forum altogether imo.
04-05-2012, 13:37   #79
don ramo

Quote:
Originally Posted by touts View Post
Has it ever been said what killed the Dragons the last time around? Did they just die out or were they hunted down and killed. If it was the latter then they may not be such a mighty weapon that Daenerys (I think I fecked up that spelling) can just land in the Seven Kingdoms and be a real force in the war with just Three Dragons and her small band from the desert. She needs an army and that billionaire guy can buy her one.
FYS

but i remember during her wedding when the eggs were presented sir whatshisname said it a very special gift to get dragon eggs for your wedding, that to me would indicate its rare but it happens, so surely there are more dragon eggs out there, just waiting for deanerys to get naked again
04-05-2012, 15:08   #80
Son0vagun

As someone who has read the books i really enjoy coming in here and reading peoples predictions and thought. I wouldn't dream about ruining it. Dying to ask questions after season two to see what you guys think will happen.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2012, 15:16   #81
Sleepy
Sleep Comes Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son0vagun View Post
As someone who has read the books i really enjoy coming in here and reading peoples predictions and thought. I wouldn't dream about ruining it. Dying to ask questions after season two to see what you guys think will happen.
I'm the same and, while I'll happily fill in some of the blanks for posters asking for some exposition from the books (e.g. some of the backstory around Roberts Rebellion etc.) I wouldn't dream of giving spoilers. Some of the real fun of this series is that pretty much anything can, and does, happen.
04-05-2012, 15:21   #82
Mr Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Some of the real fun of this series is that pretty much anything can, and does, happen.
The "Fling the book at the wall" moments.....
(2) thanks from:
04-05-2012, 18:47   #83
mickc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
The "Fling the book at the wall" moments.....
Not recommended for Kindle users.
05-05-2012, 00:16   #84
Syferus

I could imagine Stannis imprisoning or killing Littlefinger if he were to make the same offer to him, such is his general rigidity to custom.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-05-2012, 10:25   #85
Mr Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickc View Post
Not recommended for Kindle users.
I've flung it to the end of the couch or to the end of the bed!!!! Then rush over to make sure its ok!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion