Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Wildfire S 2.3.5 Update

Options
  • 11-01-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I have updated my Desire S and like you have the same problem on occasions with 2.3.5. Some objects flickering on the screen and rolling screens! Sometimes freezes and soft keys don't work for half a minute or so. Ended up doing a hard reset and it didn't fix anything, also now I can't turn off vibrate (haptic feedback) when I text, even though I have it unchecked in the options. If anyone has any answer to our problem would you share please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I have similar problems on Desire S too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Have Problems with Wifi Disconnecting contacted HTC nothing worked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

I had some problems after updating Desire S aswell. Didn't bother with a hard reset, just turned phone off and took the battery out for about 20mins. Seems to have cured the problem for the last couple of days since I done it

I had some problems after updating Desire S aswell. Didn't bother with a hard reset, just turned phone off and took the battery out for about 20mins. Seems to have cured the problem for the last couple of days since I done it

Must try that and see what happens, thanks. It's unreal that when you spend over €400 on a phone this crap happens after a simple software update!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

My missus is having the exact same issue on hers since the update. I'll give this a try on her phone too and see if it helps.

Taking the battery out didn't work on my Desire S in fact I suspect it created a few more problems. Not sure wheter to take it back to Vodafone shop first or to ring HTC Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

flickarius wrote: »
    Taking the battery out didn't work on my Desire S in fact I suspect it created a few more problems. Not sure wheter to take it back to Vodafone shop first or to ring HTC Ireland!

Sorry about that. Well when I explained my problem to O2 they recommended a hard reset. Just remember to back everything up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Turn off the phone, pull out the battery, hold volume down and power up, you get into the download mode, press down again and then power to clear storage (she will lose anything not on SD card) and that's a proper factory reset, sometimes after a flash Androids can be laggy first boot...

If that doesn't fix it, send me a pm and ill guide you how to root it and stick a custom Rom on it, I'm using mindhaxor one, its great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

HTC recently unlocked part of the bootloader (not completely, partially from what I can gather) in the last week literally so it is possible, (only now to the masses) to put custom roms on it...

My bootloader was unlocked with a thingy called an XTC Clip a good few months ago, in order to put custom roms on it, so I could tiddle around with whatever roms I want the last while, but people who couldnt get access to it were left in the dark, I got mine done in a chinese phone shop.... cost 20 quid, saved me a world of pain!

Im not sure of the new method to unlock the bootloader, but here are instructions if you fancy giving it a go : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1431969

It actually looks a lot easier than the ****e I had to go through tbh, and I think this handy EXE thats linked does it all for you....

Any questions just ask and if I can help out I will.....

That freezing thing im pretty sure is a bug, had it myself, this link sorted it : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=21203638

My latest rom is a derivative of stock, with 1GB of app space from the get go, guide here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1432259

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Fieldog wrote: »
    My bootloader was unlocked with a thingy called an XTC Clip a good few months ago, in order to put custom roms on it, so I could tiddle around with whatever roms I want the last while, but people who couldnt get access to it were left in the dark, I got mine done in a chinese phone shop.... cost 20 quid, saved me a world of pain!
    ha, world of pain, tell me about it, I've managed to unlock the bootloader following threads on xda, I'm pretty sure I've rooted it, I have superuser in my apps, I can reboot in CVM but when I try load an image it fails & says (bad) after the ZIP file?!?

I've a wildfire s with S-on & an unlocked bootloader, I'm not sure how to install roms from here...

Any ideas anyone?? :o

whitesands wrote: »
    ha, world of pain, tell me about it, I've managed to unlock the bootloader following threads on xda, I'm pretty sure I've rooted it, I have superuser in my apps, I can reboot in CVM but when I try load an image it fails & says (bad) after the ZIP file?!?

I've a wildfire s with S-on & an unlocked bootloader, I'm not sure how to install roms from here...

Any ideas anyone?? :o

If you have CWM installed its a simple matter of installing the ROM from there, make sure to wipe cache, data and dalvik cache before installing from zip, then it should reboot to a custom rom....

Any problems let me know, if I can help I will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

If you have CWM installed its a simple matter of installing the ROM from there, make sure to wipe cache, data and dalvik cache before installing from zip, then it should reboot to a custom rom....

Thanks for the info, do I need to make a goldcard or can I just put the zip on the root of an sd card?

Cheers...

whitesands wrote: »

Thanks for the info, do I need to make a goldcard or can I just put the zip on the root of an sd card?

Cheers...

I didn't have to make a gold card, but mine was already pre s-offed, id say just stick it in the zip and if you run into problems then make a goldcard, don't think you need it with CWM installed

Advertisement