Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloody Thomann

• 13-12-2004 5:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ah, I hate this German mentality of getting the card photocopied and faxed to them. I'm trying to order myself some stuff on the mothers Credit card (easier than her christmas shopping for me) but of course, I can't put the order through without faxing them.

Don't even know where I can get to use a fax machine :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Why do they want you to fax it?
    I ordered from them 2-3 weeks ago and there was no mention of faxing a copy of the card!
    My order only came to €450 though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It's to prove I have the card I think. My order is about €700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

feylya wrote:
    Ah, I hate this German mentality of getting the card photocopied and faxed to them. I'm trying to order myself some stuff on the mothers Credit card (easier than her christmas shopping for me) but of course, I can't put the order through without faxing them.

Don't even know where I can get to use a fax machine :mad: :mad: :mad:

Have you a digital camera? if so you could take a photo and email it? If you're worried about the mail being sniffed zip it in a password proected zip file and send the password from another mail a/c to them or whatever.

That's an option but the problem is, I don't have the card. It's the mothers and I live about 30 miles away. I'll see her wednesday evening which means that Thomann won't get the order to Thursday and then there is no hope of getting before christmas.

If it was shipped on Wednesday morning, I may have had it. (GLS are working Christmas Eve Afaik)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's a load of ****. There's no way I'd send anyone a fax of my card, do they ask for the rear of the card too? Perhaps change the shipping address to your oul one's address? When they see it's being delivered to the same address the card is registered to they might cool the jets.

• Advertisement

Yes, they want the back too. I told them the billing address and security code on the card but their reply was "we have no way of checking with Mastercard to verify the card".

Come on, a major guitar company not have the simpliest of services!!!

Cremo had to do this a while ago according to one of the previous Thomann threads. It's so much ****ing hassle though!

*edit: I just emailed them saying that I've ordered stuff from them before with this account and credit card and to check their order history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I would call Mastercard and tell them what is being asked of you, get their take on it.

Aye, possibly. I'd have to get the mother to do it tbh.

It's ****ing ridiculous considering I've already bought about €400 of stuff from them over the years. My mate has ordered thousands and he's never been asked.

OH, and they want the header from the credit card bill that has the address on it that I gave them... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

feylya wrote:
    It's ****ing ridiculous considering I've already bought about €400 of stuff from them over the years. My mate has ordered thousands and he's never been asked.

OH, and they want the header from the credit card bill that has the address on it that I gave them... :confused:

Thats a bit mad alrite. They'll still prob want you to fly over so they can see your name written on your underwear!

All i can think is that they got stung badly lately......somehow.

All they have to do is either check my order history or ring MasterCard. I'm half tempted to cancel my order but I'm saving about €300 by buying there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

i'd say feck thomann. get one of the s/h gt-6's. what else did you order, fender fm212r?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

if you're having trouble then try here.. www.spectresound.co.uk

They're can be cheaper then thomann on many things.. but i don't know what you're buying so i can't comment.. however they don't sell ibanez

I ordered:
    1x ME-50
    1x Fender FM212R
    1x Microcube
    2x Cables
    1x GHS strings

I think that's all. Still saving about €300.

I might just get the mother to put the money into my account and I'll transfer it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

i'd say offer lespaulgenius 350 for the gt6 on gigsmart and cancel the me50.

He's looking for €300. Yeah, I might do but I don't actually have the cash at the moment I think. It's just ****ing with my head.

In the past two months, komplett.ie, overclockers.co.uk, play.com and now Thomann.de have all given me trouble. Just cos I spent €2200. Bastards!

have you tried ordering all the gear seperately.. like order the 1x ME-50
    1x Fender FM212R, complete that order then order 1x Microcube
    2x Cables
    1x GHS strings.. they might not notice???

That'd be about €100 more expensive (delivery charges each time) :(

how? you're only paying one extra delivery charge.. thats only 25euro?

*edit* sorry, i didn't mean order EVERTHING seperate.. but split it up into 2 orders

Hmmm, with two orders it'd still be about €440 and €350. That'll still make them wonder.

just order half now and order the rest in a day or two.. i reckon if you stay below 500 maybe? you'll be grand.. but don't order both within minutes of each other.. if you order half tonight, they might ship it tomoro, then order the other half tomoro night and quote the id/ref/shipping number they send you in the confirmation email from the first order for the second order and they think you're a trusted previous customer.. and always keep that number when ordering... so they know who you are as such.. (i haven't ordered in a while but when you do you have the option to input a previous ref number, i can only assume this is for checking your history and seeing if you can be trusted)

But if they STILL ask for a copy of the card even when you order under 500euro at a time then they must get ALOT of fraudulent buyers!

• Advertisement

That's an idea but there's no way to cancel without phoning or emailing them. **** it, I'll just transfer the funds over on Thursday or Friday, whenever I get them. Of course, I don't have the number so I don't know if I can do it on the interweb which means going to the bank and scanning in the transfer docket but I've no scanner. Not a hope I'll have them for christmas now anyway.

Plus I won't be in this house for a while after christmas so god only knows when I'll get all my stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Feylya,

I don't see the need to send it to them. If they really want to confirm your address then they can ring up whoever provides their card services and get them to do a name and address check on your card. Basically they call up their bank who call up whoever issued your card and ask "Can you confirm that you have Mr X. at pqr Street on card XXXXX?" Your bank will say either yay or nay and that should be good enough.
    There's really no need to be sending them a fax, especially since it's an unsecure method of transport. What's the point of having SSL on your site if you ask someone to mail/fax their details when they place an order? I mean it could end up getting delivered to some dodgy office down the street from them for all you know.

Basically, Thomann should cop themselves on and send you your gear!

TBH, I emailed them that!!! Gave them the billing address and teh security code from the card. They replied that they didn't have teh facility to confirm it with mastercard. What, they don't have a phone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Seems a bit strange but what can you do? maybe just go with newban's suggestion.

Good luck,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

aye, I had the same problem, I scanned mine and emailed it, they were happy with that.

Unfortunately, I've no scanner nor access to one.

Did you scan the front and back of the card and the bill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

just the front and the back man

Even still, that's enough for other people to start ordering...

Well, **** Thomann. I cancelled my order and went to http://www.musik-produktiv.de

Got more stuff and saved money. Only thing is, the ME-50 and Microcube won't be in til Mid January and Mid Febuary respectively :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I've gone through all that with Thomann a couple of times. Have spent in excess of €4000 there in the last three years. The last time they did actually relent when I told them to cop the f*** on and check my order history. Apparently there was some major fraud, hence all the crap. Went through hoops the time before that because I basically wouldn't give in and send a copy of the card. Fitz had a similar problem when he got his Fender amp in March (he cancelled and went with musicstore in the end). As I recall, his credit card company told him not to send a copy of his card via email/fax under any circumstances.

Let us know how musik-produktiv are, been wondering about them.

I rang them this afternoon cos I entered the wrong expiry date... But they were cool about it, checked that it was ok while I was on the phone. Damn fine english too. Cheery blokes really. I won't have the stuff til the end of January though. I think I'll cancel the microcube and just buy it in a shop.

Update to this:

Everything except the microcube and ME-50 shipped this morning. Seems they don't charge extra for shipping seperately... I chose altogether shipping I think though...

Advertisement