Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Andy Carroll change your f**kn signature please!

It's so massive that I'm nearly tempted to sigpo it. I'm not going to, but it's tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Comolli, Brukner & Achterberg all gone.

There's a definite trend here in line with Kenny's "British" transfer policy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Andy Carroll change your f**kn signature please!

You're right, I've resized it so that it isn't breaking sig size rules.
    If you have a suggestion for a better sig, I will take it on board.
    Leiva wrote: »
    You're gonna regret that !

What's the problem?

Also, why on earth do you people have sigs enabled?
    Can't think of anything more head wrecking when reading a forum.
    Andy i've got a 6 by 7 bathroom job that needs doing you free Sunday?

You obviously have me confused with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

What's the problem?

You obviously have me confused with someone else.

I taught ever time someone mentioned a signature or avatar they were taking the piss because i cant see any .... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

murpho999 wrote: »
    Comolli, Brukner & Achterberg all gone.

There's a definite trend here in line with Kenny's "British" transfer policy!

Comolli - Doesn't want to work under a DOF
    Brukner - Purge the Purslow appointments
    Achterberg - Has another certain GK coach he wants to fill the role still living in Liverpool.

A trend is developing alright but it points me a different direction than the one you're thinking about ;)

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

This is bizarre. Who hired Brukner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

This is bizarre. Who hired Brukner?

In fairness, Brukner wasn't really sacked was he?

Rather he put a structure in place, hired a good team and now thats been implemented he has moved on.

Its not really a full time role, rather to oversee a transition to a new way of doing things. Once he has overseen the transition, his role becomes moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think they add character to a post myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

opr wrote: »
    Achterberg - Has another certain GK coach he wants to fill the role still living in Liverpool.

A trend is developing alright but it points me a different direction than the one you're thinking about ;)

Opr

Who? Roy?

Jayob10 wrote: »

Rather he put a structure in place, hired a good team and now thats been implemented he has moved on.

Its not really a full time role, rather to oversee a transition to a new way of doing things. Once he has overseen the transition, his role becomes moot.
    Wha? I just asked who hired him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

And so it continues ....

Official : Liverpool 'lawyer' Natalie Wignall has also been sacked.

Looks like they finally got "Operation Anfield" up and running.

And so it continues ....

Over handling of Suarez case apparently.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And so it continues ....

Stand by Operation Anfield Exercise, stand by Operation Anfield Exercise.

Nearly every bloody match I'm at they do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jayob10 wrote: »

Wha? I just asked who hired him.

Christian Purslow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

5starpool wrote: »
    Stand by Operation Anfield Exercise, stand by Operation Anfield Exercise.

Bam Penalty.

Fixed it for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Opr
    Was it Purslow that appointed Brukner though??
    I remember Rafa Benitez hiring the whole Aussie team including Brukner and Darren Burgess after they worked with returning Harry Kewell to fitness. Benitez was worried about the problems Torres had in 2010 and got the Australian team to join after the WC 2010 by which time Benitez had been sacked by Purslow.

Xavi Valero still lives in Liverpool so it will be interesting to see if any developments are made there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a new manager lined up and the changes we are seeing today are as a result of this. Even though it is quite odd to be making the changes before such an important game.

I was hoping Kenny would get another year.

I always thought that Rafa wouldn't return under Comolli, and wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa return over the next couple of months.

I don't think AVB would be suited to us. He tries to play the same system regardless of what players he has at his disposable. He was naive at Chelsea and tried to take on players like Lampard and Terry. I don't think the players we have at the moment would be suited to his 4-3-3 attacking system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Dotsey wrote: »
    I remember Rafa Benitez hiring the whole Aussie team including Brukner and Darren Burgess after they worked with returning Harry Kewell to fitness. Benitez was worried about the problems Torres had in 2010 and got the Australian team to join after the WC 2010 by which time Benitez had been sacked by Purslow.

Xavi Valero still lives in Liverpool so it will be interesting to see if any developments are made there.

According to tweets earlier he was Purslow choice. Maybe Rafa wanted someone else? Besides I am just having a little fun linking stuff back back to Rafa :P I don't think anyone can draw any meaningful conclusions with regards what's going on behind the scenes at this stage.

One thing is clear they're getting advice from somewhere because no way with their football knowledge are they doing this without someones help. Where that help is coming from is the real question.

Opr

wrote:
    @liam_tomkins: Get the impression John Henry is staggering around Melwood with a bottle of whisky doing his Alan Sugar impression. "You're fireddd!" #LFC”
    Everyone must be hiding under desks etc. :)

john-henry_1762577c.jpg

John-W-Henry-006.jpg

John_W_Henry_1821269c.jpg

article-0-0BA706C3000005DC-906_634x394.jpg

g101018henry--128739121574551900.jpg

1_284.jpg

john-henry-pic-reuters-722475300.jpg

Linda+Pizzuti.jpg

emin-my-bed.jpg

johnwhenrypicgetty13413.jpg

cr_mega_271_henry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think you might be able to find something over on lemonparty that would be less visually offensive.

11.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Dotsey wrote: »
    I remember Rafa Benitez hiring the whole Aussie team including Brukner and Darren Burgess after they worked with returning Harry Kewell to fitness. Benitez was worried about the problems Torres had in 2010 and got the Australian team to join after the WC 2010 by which time Benitez had been sacked by Carra and Gerrard

Yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

According to tweets earlier he was Purslow choice. Maybe Rafa wanted someone else? Besides I am just having a little fun linking stuff back back to Rafa :P I don't think anyone can draw any meaningful conclusions with regards what's going on behind the scenes at this stage.

One thing is clear they're getting advice from somewhere because no way with their football knowledge are they doing this without someones help. Where that help is coming from is the real question.

Opr
    http://www.footballfancast.com/2010/02/football-blogs/mandic-claims-liverpool-stock

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2010/03/29/1854962/liverpool-hire-australian-sports-science-guru-dr-peter

It's hard finding the articles I read two years ago.

Yep I agree that they're getting football advice from somewhere, maybe it's from Dalglish who knows. Most people are hoping it's Rafa but it's highly unlikely even though he's now 4/1 favourite to be the next Liverpool manager ahead of O'Neill 5/1, Mourinho 6/1, AVB 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Opr

It's possible they have just gotten comments and opinions from a lot of people(ringing Tomkins etc) and made up their own minds from their. These guys aren't dumb either, I doubt it would take a huge amount of advice for them to figure out Andy Carroll for £35m was terrible, not to mention nearly all the other signings. The only one that would be strange is the goalkeeper coach, but maybe he didn't get on with Reina or something similar.

Are the owners making a huge statement today that sub-standard work will not be tolerated and you'll be out no matter who you are?

Maybe hoping to shake the club up thoughout all areas.

It's possible they have just gotten comments and opinions from a lot of people(ringing Tomkins etc) and made up their own minds from their. These guys aren't dumb either, I doubt it would take a huge amount of advice for them to figure out Andy Carroll for £35m was terrible, not to mention nearly all the other signings. The only one that would be strange is the goalkeeper coach, but maybe he didn't get on with Reina or something similar.

Or Doni is pulling the strings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

campo wrote: »
    In light of Damien's departure, do you still think there is a need for a director of football at this club?

We're still confident the structure we've discussed is the right structure. That doesn't mean we won't look at tweaking it, but we feel a collective group of people making football decisions is healthy. The debate is healthy. Part of the reason we made this decision now is because we want to start the process of finding an excellent replacement.

Do you have a candidate in mind for the role?

We don't have any specific candidates in mind. Part of the reason we made this decision yesterday was to be in the best possible position to move forward as quickly as possible.

Is Damien's departure a reflection that the ownership group were unhappy with the return on player investment?

I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football. I wouldn't want to get specific about any particular decision that's been made. We feel there is enough talent on the pitch to win and, as I said, we've been dissatisfied, as most supporters have been, with the results so far. But we're also talking about the future - we have a strategy we need implemented and we felt Damien was probably not the right person to implement that strategy.

Does Damien Comolli's departure have any impact upon Kenny Dalglish's position as manager?

Absolutely not. We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support.

Do you envisage any other changes in the senior management of the club?

We do not. It's a good question. We believe the senior management is very strong, Ian Ayre is an outstanding managing director. His charge is to raise revenue so that we can put the resources into strengthening our football club. We've got great confidence in the other people in football operations, and so the answer is there will be no future changes of significance.

In terms of transfer activity this summer, will Damien's departure affect plans that are already underway?

We've had a strategy that we have agreed on. There was some disconnect on the implementation of that. That strategy is a strong one and it will continue. We need to build a strong system under the first team. We're hard at work identifying transfer targets and we will be better next year.

Finally, as chairman of Liverpool Football Club, do you have a message for the supporters ahead of the very important game on Saturday?

We're all excited about this match. We certainly feel the team is healthy and the team is committed. We just attended a practice where they are excited about returning to Wembley. There's only one team in England that has the possibility of winning this cup and the Carling Cup, and I think our supporters around the world should feel very confident.

Well, rightly or wrongly they are leaving the blame for the transfer duds at Comolli's door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

485655_10150801906153824_660608823_11758449_381104703_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

John Henry really does look like an android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement