Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Downing :-/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not saying now is the time or anything like that, but one day, I'd truly love to see Sami manage us. Very good start to his managerial career at Leverkusen, who had lost 5 matches in a row before he came in and were conceding goals for fun. In a half a dozen matches, Sami and Leverkusen are undefeated and have won 4 out of 6 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

-Ade- wrote: »
    Not saying now is the time or anything like that, but one day, I'd truly love to see Sami manage us. Very good start to his managerial career at Leverkusen, who had lost 5 matches in a row before he came in and were conceding goals for fun. In a half a dozen matches, Sami and Leverkusen are undefeated and have won 4 out of 6 matches.

Sami as boss with Didi as his right hand man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I noted his success last week...obviously you'd really need to see him over a full season (ask Kenny!) but I'd say he'll do well as a manager.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

-Ade- wrote: »

I'm sure he'd love the chance to do so. Hopefully he can keep it up if he gets the role permanently

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Really happy with that line-up bar maybe Kuyt for Downing but Im happy to see how he gets on in the first half and then let Kenny make a decision bout bringing Dirk on or not!

COME ON YOU REDMEN YOU CAN DO IT FOR THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Right lads, this is it!! hope we win it!

Off to link up with the Tokyo liverpool supporters club at a bar!

should be a laugh, Kick off is at 1 am!

I would have started Andy Carroll and Doni and we might have won it.
    Carroll was fantastic when he came on, had more heart than any other Liverpool player on the pitch and restored some pride because Chelsea up to that point were winning at a canter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I would have started Andy Caroll and Doni and we might have won it.

Carroll was excellent, should have started, poor decision by kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Who was that playing number 9 for us? A pity he couldn't have showed up in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So where does this leave Kenny?

I think, now that the final is over, I can now firmly say I think he needs to be replaced.

I know FSG announced a degree of confidence in him but I have my doubts about whether that was really meant.

I really don't want him to have control over another budget in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Carroll was the only shining light from that game tbh. Terrible, terrible performance until he came on. Honestly thought he was man of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

NukaCola wrote: »

Isn't that easy to say after the event?

NukaCola wrote: »

Reina was all over the place too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Carroll was without doubt our MOTM

Wasted 45-55 mins doing the square root of **** all. The amount of crosses/crossing opportunities we had in that period let alone the rest of the match, Carroll would have done something with it. Shame he couldn't pull us level, excellent cameo from the big man. Other players need, ugh, not gonna bother with them. Some idiotic moments and performances from players and manager in the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

I would have started Andy Carroll and Doni and we might have won it.
    Carroll was fantastic when he came on, had more heart than any other Liverpool player on the pitch and restored some pride because Chelsea up to that point were winning at a canter.

Very easy to say after a game, only a fool would have put Doni in ahead of Reina, I'd have went with Carroll but no guarantees he'd have performed like that from the off comin on at 2 down is a different mentality.

Hate any trophy Terry picks up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

When Jay Spearing is playing for Liverpool, Liverpool are as good as Jay Spearing.

Saw him starting. Knew we were in trouble. Carroll was fantastic.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Isn't that easy to say after the event?

On current form he should have played, i would have thought it was obvious to have him hassling the centre backs with Suarez playing off him......

Although there is no guarantee he would have played as well for the start, but if you pay 35 mil for him and he starts playing well you should give him a shot, but its been the same with Kenny all season IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Kenny looks like he's broken. Obviously he'll be gutted but to me anyway, it just looks a little different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

Simply not good enough this season! When a team has players like Spearing in it you know they will never do anything! Simply not good enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bah! Carroll was fantastic of course its open to question if he'd have been so effective from the start, the shortcomings were there for all the world to see - Downing and Spearing in particular. Henderson was a mixed bag but he did okay overall. The problem is that doing okay isn't quite good enough.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Very easy to say after a game, only a fool would have put Doni in ahead of Reina, I'd have went with Carroll but no guarantees he'd have performed like that from the off comin on at 2 down is a different mentality.

Hate any trophy Terry picks up

Well this fool said it before the game. And obviously not only a fool, Reina was a ****ing liability.
    I said before the game I would play Doni and Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So who wants to argue that Reina is still one of the top goalkeepers in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I hope Kenny does the right thing and stands aside. It's clear he is bereft of ideas and I wouldn't want him to suffer the indignity of being sacked. He is a real hero of mine and a true legend but doesn't have the guile at this level. DoF or something along those lines might be more his thing. That said I'd be sad to see him gone but not nearly as sad as watching my beloved team play the way they have this season.

Dr Galen wrote: »
    Kenny looks like he's broken. Obviously he'll be gutted but to me anyway, it just looks a little different.

Looking at the brief clip of him a few moments ago, I believe he's stepping down in the summer now.

Reina was all over the place too.

Yup, i agree....cant defend the lad anymore, he's been a shadow of himself this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dr Galen wrote: »

I saw that too....it looked very sad.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So who wants to argue that Reina is still one of the top goalkeepers in the world?

Well its been a bad season.

If he has a good season next season then we could be back to saying it.

Obviously right now, no.

But lets not forget these accolades are usually built up over a number of years. Many people today calling Terry the best CB in the EPL...but he has had a couple of dodgey seasons recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Bring back Valero and Reina will improve

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement