Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just seen this on the BBC, some news on the new game

FIFA 16 to feature 16 woman's international teams

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32915815

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not to be sexist, but if that's the big selling point for 16 they really should give up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,014 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not to be sexist, but if that's the big selling point for 16 they really should give up

Maybe a tie in with the Women's World Cup this year

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That's all well and good as long as they're going to improve on the career mode and Ultimate Team stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

It is a nifty feature to put in the game, however there some serious technical issues they need to deal with. For example, career mode.

In FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 your stats get wiped if you get promoted/relegated and the game acts as though you've started a New Game at that point. The only time your stats will remain and update is if you stay in the same league every season, otherwise it just resets to 0. It's pretty game-breaking for me as I don't like starting in top flight.

Hopefully they do something to fix it on this one. Otherwise I see no point in me bothering with it. It's the only game mode I play. I care nothing for Ultimate Team or anything about Online play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

Women's teams. What a huge leap from FIFA 15. I can't wait to spend money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

If they give the AI players 23 pairs of chromosomes that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I so hope PES 2016 can load option files on PS4 so I can forget about buying FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

No interest in FIFA 16. 15 was so bland I hardly played it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I can already see the career mode.
    manager: I understand there's a problem with your contract. What's wrong?

Woman: nothing I'm fine
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus..I have seen countless comments today beginning with "now I'm not being sexist but . . . "

...which in-turn are very sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fix the run with the ball past the entire team tactic and I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

No interest in the women's teams, suppose girls might.

Sort out career mode ffs please EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I'm sure there are the odd females (or many more) that play video games in general let alone FIFA so the inclusion of women's teams in the game is a no brainer from the EA cash cow machine - it certainly isn't going to hinder sales put it that way.

I play FIFA for what it is - a game, nothing more nothing less. I do a bit of UT and seasons but never got into career mode.

I dare say I will try out the women's teams as it's an option to use and would be happy to see a 5/7aside mode or street style.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OffTheSideBar

Won't be taking my money this time EA... your shambles of a servers and flawed game engine has lost me. Most will probably presume they'll fix loads of the glitches but since 13, I've said they'll fix things and still they haven't so i'm out.

(Dont think they'll care somehow)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I wish they'd fix the issues that 15 had rather than adding new features. Ofc I realise that it's early days and they could potentially fix issues. Will most likely pick this up. Hooked on be a pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I'm sure there are the odd females (or many more) that play video games in general let alone FIFA so the inclusion of women's teams in the game is a no brainer from the EA cash cow machine - it certainly isn't going to hinder sales put it that way.

I play FIFA for what it is - a game, nothing more nothing less. I do a bit of UT and seasons but never got into career mode.

I dare say I will try out the women's teams as it's an option to use and would be happy to see a 5/7aside mode or street style.

They'll never do that as they have the fifa street franchise which tends to sell relatively well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

If EA could change the online so that I could see who my opponent has chosen (as in older versions), that would be a massive plus. Sick to the back teeth of playing Real Madrid six times in a row.

That said, I've not played this since before Xmas and before that it was only with the lads on the Boards club - the only facet of the game I found in any way interesting or engaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

If EA could change the online so that I could see who my opponent has chosen (as in older versions), that would be a massive plus. Sick to the back teeth of playing Real Madrid six times in a row.

That said, I've not played this since before Xmas and before that it was only with the lads on the Boards club - the only facet of the game I found in any way interesting or engaging.

If you play with a 4 star team or lower shouldn't the Matchmaking match that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Trilla wrote: »

Yeah, but if you're playing as a 5 star team then all you get is Real, Real, Real as opponents. Kind of sucks the life out of it, hearing the same commentary everytime you play (also, lofted through ball from Bale to Ronaldo? Check).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I never, ever play as a 5-star team. 3.5 stars for me: challenging, slower-paced, and fair*.

*sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Women's teams lol what a load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Trilla wrote: »

I love fifa 15, play it all the time when I get a chance.

if you pick arsenal for example, you are only matched with psg, juventus, dortmund, liverpool

Would be nice to play against wider range of teams in seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It'd be great if you had the earn the right to play online with Reals and Barca's as in when you get the game you're only allowed use 1 star teams and the more you win the higher calibre of teams you could use

in seasons if you get a red card or a player picks up a certain amount of yellows , that player is suspended for the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

in seasons if you get a red card or a player picks up a certain amount of yellows , that player is suspended for the next game

I've been thinking about this for a while. It would make it more interesting. You'd sigh as Real Madrid appeared on screen again but then you'd see they have Ronaldo suspended.

I wouldn't like injuries to carry over but definitely cards. 1 red is 2 games out and 3 yellows is 1 game out

playing against psg without the predictability of the ball always going to zlatan to score from any position of the pitch and to barge pass everyone too as he is a "marque" player:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

A feature I'd like to see and don't understand why they don't already do it is the coin toss at the start of the match. So that for example borderline ocd Liverpool fans such as myself can win the toss and attack the Kop in the second half.

It's a feature they have in Madden (or at least they had the last time I played a few years ago)

Oh, and Fifa Street should be an in game mode!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Andy_rse wrote: »
    A feature I'd like to see and don't understand why they don't already do it is the coin toss at the start of the match. So that for example borderline ocd Liverpool fans such as myself can win the toss and attack the Kop in the second half.

It's a feature they have in Madden (or at least they had the last time I played a few years ago)

Oh, and Fifa Street should be an in game mode!!

I thought I was the only Liverpool fan who felt like this. It drives me insane every time I play at Anfield. It couldn't be that hard, could it? It's a fcuking coin toss!

Advertisement