Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember the band Tatu?

Options
  • 19-09-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Disgusting comments.
    During the course of the interview, Volkova is asked if she would condemn her son if he was gay, to which she responded: "Yes, I would condemn him, because I believe that a real man must be a real man."

"God created man for procreation," she continued, "it is the nature. The man for me is the support, the strength of... I won't accept a gay son."

Volkova then said that while she "condemns" gay men, she does not hold the same view when it comes to gay female couples. "I think for men it's a bad freedom," she said. "In our time, there is a very large number of frivolous girls (and a man can be with a large number of these girls). This is freedom for men."

"And a man has no right to be a fag. Two girls together – not the same thing as the two men together. It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing. But I want to say that I'm not against gays, I just want my son to be a real man, not a fag."
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/tatu/79867#L3WV0Zbo4OycQHj6.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Yeah, was quite surprised by that. Pretty poor considering they piggy-backed on the lesbian image.

At least Lena came out with something a lot more positive: https://www.facebook.com/KatinaLena/posts/10152705968719520
    Hey, all! I am seeing some comments lately regarding my position about LGBT and my religion. I can say one thing: God is teaching us to live in love, to be tolerant and not to judge other people! And I do so! Love is love and it is a wonderful feeling! I think everybody should be free to love who they love and be with who they want to spend their life with! Xoxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Absolutely disgusting, she's nothing but a hypocritical knuckledragger.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Bit disappointed in this, was a great fan of their music after all that silly lesbian scandal died down. Alas, since the band split it was clear Lena was the clear star in the midst so it doesn't suprise me she is the voice of reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hardly surprising since Vlad 'I'm definitely straight despite my many homo-erotic photo poses' Putin declared they were his favourite songsters.

I know...'straight' man likes TATU, but the Russkis don't see it, much like they don't see sovereign borders (or aeroplanes).

Advertisement