Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(LOI): League Of Ireland fixtures (WEEK 4): 23-25 March 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

That was definitely the worst 45 minutes of football I've ever watched. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Absolutely shocking.

Pats should be showing their class here but seem to be just as content to go long and watch the ball sail over Russel and Bolger's heads.

Don't know what Aaron Callaghan can do with that lot. They don't look to have any creativity and some of the players don't look fit enough.

HOOF HOOF HOOF HOOF

AAAAAGHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I thought this was on rte one so put that channel on first, seen there was hockey on so switched to rte two to watch this. After ten mins of this drivel I resorted to going back to watch the hockey :pac: Pile of sh1te.

What genius in RTE thought this would be worth televising.

• Advertisement

At least Shels are good at playing this way! These are just muck and if we can stop Pats playing ball on Friday I'm very confident we can get something from the game.

Are we seriously sending this Bohs team to represent Ireland in Europe this season?

BOOO!

Everything about this game was complete rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Second time I've seen us play this year. We don't look very good at all, imo. Still, should have scored two chances in that match, but the game was absolutely awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

First time I have ever seen a guy in a fluorescent jacket present a man of the match award.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

By jaysus, there's no covering that up. That was horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Worst match ever. Two shocking teams. LOI is so boring now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I see the Bohemians "Golden Goals" tickets now show dates instead of minutes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

"We score when we want" :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

"We score when we want" :o

I'm even doubting your players ability to score an own goal if they had to.

I can't disagree. I've seen continental drift move fast than yer man Scully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bohs are a disgrace to the game. To call them sh!te would be an injustice to sh!te.

We were shíte indeed, but Pats weren't particularly great either, can't remember McNulty making any significant saves

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

dreamers75 would've been better off talking to the wife...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We were shíte indeed, but Pats weren't particularly great either, can't remember McNulty making any significant saves

I'm not even gonna get into the usual Boards tripe. Pat's were sh!t, but Bohs can quite frankly f*ck off and get relegated!!!

Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw! Jesus Christ, i'd ask for my money back, but it'd be like robbing a Trocaire box!

Enjoy the season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm even doubting your players ability to score an own goal if they had to.

They're no Shels ;)
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm not even gonna get into the usual Boards tripe. Pat's were sh!t, but Bohs can quite frankly f*ck off and get relegated!!!

Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw! Jesus Christ, i'd ask for my money back, but it'd be like robbing a Trocaire box!

Enjoy the season!!!

Rather harsh on Bohs. Pats used the same long ball tactic throughout the game too. There best chance O'Flynn ballooned over from 3/4 yards out. It was harder to miss than score. I really hope it was just an off day for both teams.

From what I thought was going to be a very tough 3 Dublin Derbys in a row for Rovers has me left feeling very optimistic now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ebbs wrote: »
    They're no Shels ;)
    Get out of that we're only 3 points behind you after a much more difficult start. I'd go as far as to say we've got the most difficult first 5 fixtures, and after those we should really be looking to put a run of wins together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I'm not surprised about the hoofball. That pitch was in a shocking state.
    The worst game I've seen in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

monkey9 wrote: »
    Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw! Long ball, long throw!

You could say the exact same thing about Pat's style of play for the last few seasons under Mahon, can't remember too many of you on here complaining about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Ebbs wrote: »
    From what I thought was going to be a very tough 3 Dublin Derbys in a row for Rovers has me left feeling very optimistic now.

Beware the Rovers-Bohs league placing/current form jinx.

Ive seen poor lineups from both teams over the years cause a fair few problems for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

bohsboy wrote: »

Ive seen poor lineups from both teams over the years cause a fair few problems for each other.

Aye unfortunately its always unpredictable, even when we were relegation candidates we caused a few upsets, I expect the favour to be returned soon.

When teams sit back and let us play "tip-tap" football is when we seem worse we no penetration.

How are tickets selling btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

doncarlos wrote: »
    You could say the exact same thing about Pat's style of play for the last few seasons under Mahon, can't remember too many of you on here complaining about it.
    Pat's were getting results though. Theres a big difference there, though they were horrible to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsboy wrote: »

Was going to say that. No way a result is guaranteed.

Would be sweet though. :)

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Pat's were getting results though. Theres a big difference there, though they were horrible to watch.

They did have the 2 of the most exciting players in the country up front last year though.

Bohs forward players were non existent today.

6 hours without a goal. Can see that being 7 1/2 hrs. after the Rovers game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We were rubbish, dunno why Flynn started ahead of Fagan or why Forrester wasnt on at some point.

Didnt have to defend much today.

Advertisement