Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your neighbors grass...

• 06-05-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering....

I was driving around earlier and the amount of time i noticed half cut gardens.

With the new open plan gardens in housing estates i just think its terrible that you or your neighbor will not cut your side of the grass.... I understand if you hate them or they never ever did yours etc.. But not everyone hates there neighbors...

I did it for my neighbor up until they got there bit stoned in. I used to cut half an acre but I live with a much smaller garden now and for the extra 10 mins it takes i do not feel like its that much to ask!!

Nothing worse than going out with you mower and making sure you keep a perfect straight line........ Surely its more hassle than its worth....

So, any opinions on this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont have any neighbors but I do have neighbours.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

mike65 wrote: »

Mike.

I was just thinking about doing that, but couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Balls, stupid spell check....

you can pretend your really posh, maybe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Balls, stupid spell check....

you can pretend your really posh, maybe..

Change it to English UK not English USA. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

what if your neighbour did not want their grass cutting

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

No, I cut my own damn grass then take a **** in their half and blame it on the other neighbour's dog.

kleefarr wrote: »
    Change it to English UK not English USA. ;)

:o
    irish-stew wrote: »

Well thats true....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Buy a goat, put him on a nice long leash connected to a stake in the centre of the lawn, have a little trough nearby for drinking water and maybe a small little canopy under which he can be kept dry if it is raining and you're sorted.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you cut their grass you are ment to give them the clippings or else legally it's stealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

I am not in that situation but i actually would do it if i was. I mean, i spend one hour cutting our lawn with a new push lawnmower. those lawns (and i actually wouldnt even call them that! more like patches of grass!!) take all of 5 minutes to do. It would also be an opportunity to know your neighbours imo, as the current status is seeing more of a closed door culture compared to the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't cut my own grass let alone my neighbours'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I take turns with the neighbour cutting the grass - that's the only interaction we have, bit wierd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If I'm cutting the patch of grass out front, I cut their patch as well. Otherwise, meh.

Thats it people, get out there, meet you NEIGHBOURS and cut there grass!!

Every since next door got there lawn stoned, we've not spoken either.... that is strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I can't imagine sharing a garden with a neighbour. I'd just build a wall in between. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

I arrived back this evening after being away for four days and my front lawn had been cut and edges strimed, looks fab. The lawn doesn't join either of my neighbours so i've no idea who cut it or who to thank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No wonder the lawn is stoned if the neighbours are smoking grass all day. Just say no, kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    I arrived back this evening after being away for four days and my front lawn had been cut and edges strimed, looks fab. The lawn doesn't join either of my neighbours so i've no idea who cut it or who to thank.
    In before "Maybe your grass is emo". :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If my neighbour tries to cut my grass they are getting a punch in the back of the head for trespassing on my property. I happen to like long grass (don't ask, it's a Freudian kinda thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'd rather keep the grass, and take the mower to the neighbours ...

At least the grass is pleasant and natural :mad: miserable fuppers

*goes off grumbling and ranting into the distance*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I am just wondering....

I was driving around earlier and the amount of time i noticed half cut gardens.
    irish-stew wrote: »
    Tarzan_man wrote: »
    No, I cut my own damn grass then take a **** in their half and blame it on the other neighbour's dog.
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    If you cut their grass you are ment to give them the clippings or else legally it's stealing.
    AlanAhern wrote: »
    I am not in that situation but i actually would do it if i was. I mean, i spend one hour cutting our lawn with a new push lawnmower. those lawns (and i actually wouldnt even call them that! more like patches of grass!!) take all of 5 minutes to do. It would also be an opportunity to know your neighbours imo, as the current status is seeing more of a closed door culture compared to the past.
    rb_ie wrote: »
    I don't cut my own grass let alone my neighbours'.
    stevec wrote: »
    I take turns with the neighbour cutting the grass - that's the only interaction we have, bit wierd.
    the_syco wrote: »
    If I'm cutting the patch of grass out front, I cut their patch as well. Otherwise, meh.
    Thats it people, get out there, meet you NEIGHBOURS and cut there grass!!

Every since next door got there lawn stoned, we've not spoken either.... that is strange.
    HAPPYGIRL wrote: »
    Amateurs the lot of you. :D

Professionals mow the lawn - amateurs cut the grass!

I find it difficult to use the words 'cut' and 'grass'. :)

Mike.
    Jaysus Mike, you must be bored tonight! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

stevec wrote: »

Same here. It is a bit strange isn't it? I don't know them or want to, but I'd feel like a bollix if I only cut our side.

KBarry wrote: »
    Same here. It is a bit strange isn't it? I don't know them or want to, but I'd feel like a bollix if I only cut our side.

By any chance do you live next door to me?:D:D:D

Amateurs the lot of you. :D

Professionals mow the lawn - amateurs cut the grass!

I don't get paid for it so I guess that makes me an amateur - good luck with your new profession....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think the OP is just jealous that the grass is greener on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jaysus Mike, you must be bored tonight! :)

Hey I know where you'll be this time on Friday evening. You know the meaning of bored :pac:

I can't stand American spelling and the way its seeping into "proper" English.

"Lite" and "color" my arse.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Mike.

Well that's one way of solving your boredom I suppose, but I'm not the artistic type so I'll have to pass, sorry

Hey I know where you'll be this time on Friday evening. You know the meaning of bored :pac:
    LOL :D
    mike65 wrote:
    I can't stand American spelling and the way its seeping into "proper" English.

Mike.
    It's a gray area alrite!

In all seriousness though, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people in Motors who use 'tire' and 'curb'! WTF!

• Advertisement

In all seriousness though, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of people in Motors who use 'tire' and 'curb'! WTF!

'strue a lot of posters in motors can't spell - WTF has it got to do with cutting mowing grass though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

the spelling nazi's have invaded this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My dad and our neighbour took turns cutting the grass for 15 years until we moved. It wasn't a big deal. I mean, my sister used to cut the grass a lot of the time since she was ten with one of those awful manual lawnmowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How about "shred" and "grass"?

Blisterman wrote: »
    I think the OP is just jealous that the grass is greener on the other side.

It was a nicer shade until they got rid of it....

There is house down the street that just put loose stone over there bit and the neighbours bit...... Now all the weeds are growing through it and he has divided it up with a little wooden fence..... looks ****e!

The things people do so they don't have to mow there lawn..

Is that better Wishbone Ash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

If I cut my neighbour's grass and don't cut mine then I'm optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mike.

This is neither the time nor the place for your ethnic cleansing Irishman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

When I lived in Jamaica, my next door neighbour had loads of grass growing out his back. So every now and then I went out and cut down a couple of plants. Luckily, he was too stoned to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Management company mows our front lawns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have no lawn. I win this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Management company mows our front lawns!

Well my gardener cuts mine, so I win :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Whenever I do my own grass, I would do my neighbours grass if it seems to be getting a bit on the long side - and vice versa.

We are the sicking neighbours that bring each others wheelie-bins in too, and bandage each others kids boo-boos.

We have never been in each others houses, theres an unspoken agreement that we like our privacy and to keep our homes in order.

/hums jingle to neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Tut tut... Im ashamed of you all..

Surely everyone knows that modern day language now means that

"Don't go cutting your neighbours lawn"

was once termed as...

"Thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife"

So those of you that cut your neighbours lawn and expect your neighbour to reciprocate are obviously closet swingers... :eek:

So those of you that cut your neighbours lawn and expect your neighbour to reciprocate are obviously closet swingers... :eek:

lol

We dont expect each other to do it. We simply both like the front of our homes presentable. Besides, I dont think she fancies my other half.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I have no lawn. I win this thread.

+1

Apartments FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Would have to agree though... suffering from a wee bit of OCD there is no way I could cut my grass and leave theirs...

Plus its just plain rude in my opinion.. kinda like "Mine is better than yours".. I hate those people... probably because im better than them... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

We have a lawn but we're renting and don't bother cutting it. Tbh, it's looks disgracful, weeds everywhere! :o

The neighbour is trying to sell their house and we aren't exactly helping them with prospective buyers so they cut it for us and we do nothing in return

Laziness ftw!

Plus its just plain rude in my opinion.. kinda like "Mine is better than yours".. I hate those people...

Me too. That kind of behaviour is just silly. I swear I wont be in woodies and b&q today. :pac:
    micmclo wrote: »
    We have a lawn but we're renting and don't bother cutting it. Tbh, it's looks disgracful, weeds everywhere! :o

The neighbour is trying to sell their house and we aren't exactly helping them with prospective buyers so they cut it for us and we do nothing in return

Laziness ftw!

cut it! its hard enough to sell up these days :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have no lawn either. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Three lawns. Parents are avid gardeners so they do it.

In conclusion.....i have the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I was just about to say that around here, 'to be caught mowing another mans lawn' is txt spk for 'giving the neighbours wife one'! :-o

• Advertisement
Advertisement