Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh...dear...God..

• 26-09-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭

http://irishrail.info/

Not connected in any way, shape or form with IR/IE, despite the URL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Oh dear god as you say.... (I stopped reading when it got to the Cork station canopy which isn't in disrepair...it got hit by a bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,144 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! gave me a laugh anyway

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Strange site - I wonder is there the hand of a Corkman involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

I didn't know there was a Heuston train driver and a Cork bus driver on the boards of CIE and IE, so at least the site taught me that much. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Is it just me or did the owner of the site leave him/herself open to alot of libel cases?

• Advertisement

Is it just me or did the owner of the site leave him/herself open to alot of libel cases?

well certainly an interesting question. realistically is he/she saying anything that if one dug deep enough wouldn't turn out to be true?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Have to say its a step up from the usual internet whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

Strange site - I wonder is there the hand of a Corkman involved?

I wonder which particular Corkman it could be. My money is on the curator of a certain transport "museum"/scrapyard who shall remain nameless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I think we can take that as guaranteed.

It's up there with http://corkairport.info/ which I'm pretty sure is from the same source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I think it is pretty obvious who it is - as suggested in post #9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭cml387

It's whole point seems to be a warning about a clickbait scam which seems to me a legitimate complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Can't see IE being to bothered but if they were they could easily get a court order saying the info is defamatory and the host will block the content as per there AUP. That would be a US court, not sure an Irish order is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Irish Rail are aware of the site and lets just say this much; their suspicions align with ours for some bizarre reason :)

Indeed which is why I don't think they will be bothered. The site has barely got 1500 views of which around 200 are from visiting the link posted on this page.

Its not going to damage the company in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If he keeps using real names in the articles , the courts would be the least of his worries.

it's not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

corktina wrote: »
    it's not me.

Tell that to a judge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sporty56

Whoever wrote "Our stupid board" page is well informed.

One scandal of early 00s not referred to is the purchase of considerable quantity of permanent way materials from a particular source specifically against engineering advice of local permanent way gangs. Initial defence by CAF of rough riding of Mark4s blaming poor track conditions was certainly true for a substantial length of the middle third of the route. The excellence of the bogie design and consquent ride performance of Mark3s papered over the cracks for ages.

The slow and expense refurbishment of that track plus mechanical alterations to bogies has improved Mark4 riding considerably but it was an expensive fiasco that could have avoided if advice of experienced railway folk had been heeded in both instances.

Hopefully someone will create a similar website featuring RPA - that would certainly catch everybody's attention, not just railway folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There are grains of truth in it, but it's just a rambling rant to me.

The cynicism is strong with this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Fantastic!

Libel? Screw that. Nothing but the truth from what I am reading.

Are you from Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

The creator of that site must have a lot time on his/her hands why don't they do one on the health system or the Gardai. I'd like to see how that would go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Fantastic!

Libel? Screw that. Nothing but the truth from what I am reading.

Absolutely.

corktina wrote: »
    Are you from Cork?

We all know who's behind it, but it's still refreshing to read it rather than the usual media checked/CIE/IE drivel. These days you can't even get a decent rant from RUI. Believe it or not, now is the time for serious commentary on the railway, but alas those that were usually capable of it have disappeared off the planet. Any attempt here and your banned.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    RUI. rant

ah now. giving CIE's side kick to much credit there aren't we. bring back platform 11 i say. people like you know who who aren't afraid to try get things done is what we need.

ah now. giving CIE's side kick to much credit there aren't we. bring back platform 11 i say. people like you know who who aren't afraid to try get things done is what we need.

LOL! That can be interpreted as inciteful around here. Unfortunate how RUI turned out but thats their decision and business. I just find it interesting that when platform 11 was started, there was less need for an alternative voice than these days! We can only imagine how they would have reacted to what's going on now as it's far more dangerous to the future of rail transport in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    LOL! That can be interpreted as inciteful around here. Unfortunate how RUI turned out but thats their decision and business. I just find it interesting that when platform 11 was started, there was less need for an alternative voice than these days! We can only imagine how they would have reacted to what's going on now as it's far more dangerous to the future of rail transport in Ireland.

what might have been, could have been, should have been, could be, thats the irish rail system and those running it and funding it in a nutshell sadly.

Sorry but what's RUI ?

sporty56 wrote: »
    Sorry but what's RUI ?
    rail users ireland.

Thanks for info. Do RUI have a website ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

sporty56 wrote: »
    Thanks for info. Do RUI have a website ?

Google is an amazing invention. :D

http://www.railusers.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭SeanW

I had forgotten how angry that guy was. Nonetheless, if even half of what he wrote about that "Complete Savings" entity (or non-entity as the case may be) is accurate, it raises very serious questions.

• Advertisement

SeanW wrote: »
    I had forgotten how angry that guy was. Nonetheless, if even half of what he wrote about that "Complete Savings" entity (or non-entity as the case may be) is accurate, it raises very serious questions.

You see the only people affected by Complete Savings are those who don't bother reading the T&C's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭SeanW

What he described sounds like one of those shady torrent sites, where you click on a result, and there's a big advertisement made out like a "download" button for the result, only it leads to some malware "codec" or something. Though I admit I have no first hand experience of this as I normally buy tickets in station, this sounds slimy, and indefensible if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

For a chap that has a major issue with IR he hangs around the stations quite a bit being all nicey nicey to staff who dont know him .

Advertisement