Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumped out of the blue

• 25-09-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me 4 days ago through text. I pushed her to tell me and she blurted out that we'd come to the end of the road, by text. I am completely shell shocked. She's been working extremely hard for the last two months (90/100 hour weeks). She works about an hour and a half away normally but this job was about 3 hours away. She's an engineer who does site work. She is completely run down from all of the work so I kind of figured that's whats been wrong with her for the past week. 2 weeks ago she came home to see me late at night even though she had to be up at 5am. She kissed me all over, smiled and said how much she missed me. So naturally I thought everything was great. When she broke up with me I asked her to try couples counselling or mentioned that it might have to do with the long work hours, she said no way to counselling and the work doesn't help but it's not the problem. She said she's not in love with me anymore and there's no point in going to counselling when it would oly be giving me false hope for 6months or a year, when she knows the end result would still be the same. TBH I'm not sure she knows if she's in love with me or not. We have an amazing friendship and rapport. She wants to meet tomorrow and I really want to see her but I know just how difficult it's going to be. I've kept communication to a minimum (which was extremely hard) until today unfortunately. I just couldn't not talk to her today. She says she's really sad and feels like she's missing a limb. But I know that work is keeping her pretty occupied. I on the other hand am just about to start my online studies next week so I've all the time in the world to be heartbroken and grieve. This really has been completely out of the blue. She's not great with her feelings and sometimes I don't think she knows what she wants. Oh and she's turning 40 in 2 weeks could that have something to do with it? I don't know, I'm so confused and so hurt!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello OP. I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened. You must feel so devastated and hurt and confused. I have some sense of how that feels because I got that very same news from my gf - also delivered by text - some weeks ago so I really feel for you going through this at the moment. The heartbreak and grieving is a real physical pain. It is a truly horrible feeling.

I don't feel in a position to offer any advice as to how you two can talk things through and see how things go from here. It will be difficult but hopefully it will help you understand your girlfriend's frame of mind and how this all came about.

I just wanted to say I feel for you and I hope you can get through this awful time and that things work out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 fabulousdeal

Thanks for your reply redmall,

It's a really tough time and I do know that it will eventually get better, whenever eventually comes. I'm so sorry to hear that you've being going through the same experience. Thank you for your kind words.

Kind regards,

fabulousdeal

Advertisement