Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hawke laser range finder

Options
  • 23-09-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

does anyone have a hawke ranger finder or know what they are like. i was looking at buying a new one. 215 euro for a 600 yard one seems ok. i have a hawke scope and for the price i find it very good and was just wondering if there range finders are as good. any advice would be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

Hi i do not have a hawake but have a leupold range finder as the saying goes you get what you pay for, do a review and see what comes up, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

I had one, LRF400 - worked perfect, never had a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

1jay1 how was it in low light levels

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

I've a LRF400 too, about 4 years old now, no bother from it yet, works perfectly in low light but as the numbers aren't illuminated they're hard to read unless your'e using a light or something for contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭ak51535

I bought a Hawke LRF 600 on amazon for 209 euro and have to say its brilliant accurate readings every time, like Holdover said the numbers arent illuminated but i have not had any difficulty reading them.

• Advertisement

eoin.d wrote: »
    1jay1 how was it in low light levels

As others have said it works perfect in low light but reading can be tricky.
    After taking a reading - if the moon is visible point at the moon to read or use the screen of your phone over the objective lens (less than ideal but works).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

thanks for all the help lads. i think i will get one. its not something i will use an awful alot and didnt want to spend big money on

eoin.d wrote: »
    thanks for all the help lads. i think i will get one. its not something i will use an awful alot and didnt want to spend big money on

It might be worth having a look on ebay, I bought mine there for half price.....plenty on there at the moment too.

Advertisement