Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAS METER BEEN TAMPERED?

Options
  • 25-10-2013 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

MY NEIGHBOR IS CONSTANTLY AT HIS GAS METER. NEARLY EVERY EVENING (ESPECIALLY IN COLD WEATHER)

IS HE TAMPERING WITH THE METER OR IS THERE ANOTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION. ALSO SHOULD I HAVE ANY SAFETY CONCERNS.

I WOULD CALL BOARD GAIS. BUT THEY WOULD KNOW IT WAS ME. ALSO IF ITS GENUINE I WOULD FEEL AWFUL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

If he's not near your gas meter, and you don't feel comfortable asking him what he's doing, personally I'd mind my own business.

CAPS LOCK ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

gas meter wrote: »
    MY NEIGHBOR IS CONSTANTLY AT HIS GAS METER. NEARLY EVERY EVENING (ESPECIALLY IN COLD WEATHER)

IS HE TAMPERING WITH THE METER OR IS THERE ANOTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION. ALSO SHOULD I HAVE ANY SAFETY CONCERNS.

I WOULD CALL BOARD GAIS. BUT THEY WOULD KNOW IT WAS ME. ALSO IF ITS GENUINE I WOULD FEEL AWFUL.

Very strange YES
    But totaly seperate from your supply.
    YOUR call.

But legaly its against the law for un registered people/installers to go at any gas appaliance including meter unless he's paranoide and only looking at it which is allowed by law.
    Your call !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭gifted

What is even more strange is how you seem to know he's doing it all the time, are you constantly watching him?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

He has probably got a prepay Meter and is constantly putting the min. Amount of credit on the card.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeG78Q3fBM4

Anyhow, do you see him going out there with a handful of spanners and an oxy torch, or is he just looking at the meter? TBH, if it's the latter than it's not really any of your concern. He could be taking his own readings, perhaps it's a prepay system (don't have gas so don't know if this exists here), or any number of things.

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    What is even more strange is how you seem to know he's doing it all the time, are you constantly watching him?

What is more strange is OP name is "gas meter" and its his first post.

Gas meter, do you by any chance know anybody called Corkplumber ?
    He might be able to help on who is qualafied in this country to answer you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 gas meter

The meter is in a location visual from my kitchen window. Once I am in the kitchen it is impossible not to notice .

He fiddles around at the meter without tools (I never seen tools) for a few minutes every day or second day.

If he as just looking at the meter. I would not be concerned. However the meter is back to back with my meter and I fear a safety issue may arise.

If he cant cause any damage fiddling without tools. That will provide me with peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Next time he is at his, go out and look at your meter.

When he is not there, open his and have a look, unless his is on his property.

I look at my meter from time to time, but my meter and 3 neighbours meters are in the box ( 4 apartments) so I see theirs as well.

gas meter wrote: »
    The meter is in a location visual from my kitchen window. Once I am in the kitchen it is impossible not to notice .

He fiddles around at the meter without tools (I never seen tools) for a few minutes every day or second day.

If he as just looking at the meter. I would not be concerned. However the meter is back to back with my meter and I fear a safety issue may arise.

If he cant cause any damage fiddling without tools. That will provide me with peace of mind.

Pre pay meters have to be toped up with a PIN No. daily depending on usage.
    Don't worry if he has no tools.

How come your name is "gas meter" and these are your first posts which you seem to be managing quite well for a beginner ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 gas meter

I am not a beginner. I have another account. I don't want to be identified by another neighbor who is my friend on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And that's how to get yourself banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement