Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N7 Newland's Cross, what's the story

Options
  • 06-04-2013 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story is with Newland's Cross. I had the misfortune to drive through there yesterday coming from town going towards Newbridge. The traffic jam was ferocious and its obvious the junction cannot in any way handle the volumes of traffic thrown at it.

It struck me that it seems daft that the powers that be spent millions on sorting out the Red Cow roundabout to make it free flowing but then you go 500m up the road and you're hit by a crossroads where cars are coming from 4 directions and have 12 different routes they can take.

I mentioned it to my mate in Newbridge and he said that back in the boom there was a plan to make Newlands free flowing and that the government had bought some land to the east side of it (when heading south) to facilitate an upgrading but now the bust has happened the plan has been shelved.

Any other info on it ? I really pity commuters who have to struggle to get out of the city centre only to be hit by a massive jam 6 or 7 miles into their journey. Luckily for me yesterdays journey was a once off but commuting that route must turn into sheer hell on a rainy day.

Comments

Advertisement