Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Squad for game vs Nottm Forest

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draupnir wrote: »
    I've only seen one game involving him, which isn't a great amount of play to base this on, but he looks like a hard tackling centre mid that will break up attacks. We have a very attacking lineup apart from Andrews, so I would say that the management are looking for him to sit deep and break up anything that comes back at us on the counter.

I'd guess his job will be to lump into tackles and pass the ball sideways, your opinion seems to be that he is pretty good at this?

No because he's too feckin slow! In order to make a tackle he would have to have a legitimate chance of getting the ball. Unfortuantely by the time he sticks his leg in the ball is ten yards away with another player so all he does is give away silly free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I'd definitely prefer to see Garvan and Potter in the middle but I think you'd need to replace Ward with someone who can stick in more of a challenge, does Fahey get stuck in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not really no. More of a creative type player. Fahey and Garvan would be an interesting duo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rowlands deserves alot more.. I think he's a great midfielder, got the attributes that Trap thinks Miller has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Where's the handiest place to park in Dalymount? Bear in mind I'll have camera gear with me.

kensutz wrote: »
    Where's the handiest place to park in Dalymount? Bear in mind I'll have camera gear with me.

There isnt thatmany decent areas. Maybe along by the church or around Mater Hospital maybe your best bet. There is a car park adjacent to dalymount but I dont know the times/prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

kensutz wrote: »

Pigsboro shopping centre.

What sort of camera are you bringing and do the FAI know?

Pigsboro shopping centre.

Its Phibs not Pigs, can you use a keyboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1009/ireland_forest.html
    Caleb Folan and Andy Keogh grabbed their chance to impress Giovanni Trapattoni as they scored for a Republic of Ireland XI in a 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest

An experimental Republic side were impressive against the Coca-Cola Championship team at Dalymont Park.

Hull striker Folan was set up by Sunderland striker Anthony Stokes to open the scoring in the 24th minute.

Stokes played a delightful through ball to Folan who kept his head to slot the ball under on-coming Forest goalkeeper Paul Smith.

Trapattoni used all eight substitutes as he experimented ahead of the World Cup qualifiers but Wolves striker Keogh lasted long enough to make it 2-0 shortly after the hour mark.

Keogh got on the end of a fine left-wing cross from Shane Long and made no mistake with his header with 62 minutes on the clock.

Celtic defender Darren O'Dea and Blackburn midfielder Keith Andrews were also among the starters.

The Republic play Cyprus in their World Cup 2010 qualifier on Wednesday in Croke Park.

Republic of Ireland XI: Murphy (Westwood 45mins), Foley, Ward (Garvan 68 mins), O'Dea (Nolan 58 mins), Bruce, Gibson (Rowlands 55 mins), Keogh (Scannell 62 mins), Andrews (Potter 55 mins), Folan (Long 45mins), Stokes, Hoolahan (Treacy 45 mins).

Nottingham Forest: Smith, Lynch (Heath 70 mins), Chambers, Breckin (Wilson 62 mins), Perch, Byrne, Thornhill, Davies, Cohen (Newbold 62 mins), Martin (Reid 70 mins), Cole (Garner 45mins). Subs not used: Sinclair, Richardson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Who went off with about 15 minutes left to leave us with 10 men? We were playing 3 at the back before that and I think it was our only centre half, Bruce, that went off (leaving us with 2 natural right backs as our only defenders, with winger Treacy dropping back??). Just shows how bad Forest were that they didn't even look like scoring.

Andrews showed for the ball in midfield all the time with Gibson and then Potter not really looking for it at all.

Long impressed me most but there wasn't any really great individual performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I thought Keogh was man of the Match. Played brilliantly and that run before the second goal, was just lacking a finish the run deserved.

Was a good game, but the auld lad wasn't too happy, been a Forest supporter and all. Still thought Long played very well, Stokes had a few nice touches, but he always looked like he wanted an extra few seconds on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Really bad match in my view. Notts forest were truly awful but then it was mostly their second team I believe, and they were facing a team that would win the Championship in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Really bad match in my view. Notts forest.
    The next facker who refers to us as Notts Forest will get a smack round the back of the head!

It is Nottingham Forest, abbreviated to Nottm Forest. Thank you.

us eh?

Anyone go to the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

grenache wrote: »
    The next facker who refers to us as Notts Forest will get a smack round the back of the head!

It is Nottingham Forest, abbreviated to Nottm Forest. Thank you.

nah your alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Saying, or indeed typing, Notts Forest is a really ignorant thing to do. Shows a complete lack of understanding.

Des wrote: »
    Saying, or indeed typing, Notts Forest is a really ignorant thing to do. Shows a complete lack of understanding.

I'm sure it does!

Advertisement