Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap dancing scene

Options
  • 31-03-2015 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

hi wondering if anyone can remember a film with a huge tap dance sequence-black and white film, with what must be possibly a hundred or more dancers, circa late 30s/1940s ....thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It might be listed here: http://www.tapdance.org/Movies

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

"An American in Paris" is what sprung to mind for me, with the big dance sequence at the end, but I don't think it's in black and white? (maybe partially?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

woodchuck wrote: »
    "An American in Paris" is what sprung to mind for me, with the big dance sequence at the end, but I don't think it's in black and white? (maybe partially?)

Thanks but not it-I had seen it on a large bar screen in a compilation of tap dance scenes, maybe it was a clip from the Ziegfield Follies interposed with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Is it in the Lullaby of Broadway song directed by Busby Berkeley? I can't remember what the name of the film was that it was in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is it in the Lullaby of Broadway song directed by Busby Berkeley? I can't remember what the name of the film was that it was in!

Don't think that was a tap number, it would be counter intuitive to have a tap number as a lullaby. But I do love that song :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

athtrasna wrote: »
    Don't think that was a tap number, it would be counter intuitive to have a tap number as a lullaby. But I do love that song :)

But there is tap dancing in it during the sequence… hundreds of men and women tap dancing in unison. It's awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

But there is tap dancing in it during the sequence… hundreds of men and women tap dancing in unison. It's awesome!

I need to Google it, we did it in our variety show two weeks ago and it was my favourite number in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Nope but that's great!!!

Advertisement