Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Delamere's Sunday Best

• 30-03-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

He's just announced on the Anton Savage show that he's the permanent replacement on Sunday mornings, interested to know what people think ? I actually thought Angela Flannery was doing a good job myself but best of luck to Neil, he said he's starting mid -late April.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I enjoyed Neil when he filled in before Anton took over, I think he would have been in the running to take over from Darcy but he'd probably have to quit the stand up to take it, if Anton leaves that slot in the future, I'd like to see him take it over.

I'm presuming it'll be a light-hearted programme, don't Today Fm usually have current affairs programmes on at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

He's not my cup of tea, and I think that he's got a bit of an ego (not to mention, he appears on some shocking telly!), but will give it a chance nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

He's not my cup of tea, and I think that he's got a bit of an ego (not to mention, he appears on some shocking telly!), but will give it a chance nonetheless.

What is it with the cult of celebrity. What's wrong with hiring a radio head - I just don't get this fascination by PDs . We've picked up form uk and it's spreading like a virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

radioland wrote: »
    What is it with the cult of celebrity. What's wrong with hiring a radio head - I just don't get this fascination by PDs . We've picked up form uk and it's spreading like a virus.

If your not a celebrity, tweeter or have an agent like nkmanagement your on a steep hill climb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I thought he was very good filling in after Ray D'Arcy left Today FM and filling in for Dave Moore when his twins were born. Seems a natural to me. Will definitely give this a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Brendão wrote: »
    I thought he was very good filling in after Ray D'Arcy left Today FM and filling in for Dave Moore when his twins were born. Seems a natural to me. Will definitely give this a listen.

You can put money on the fact that along with his Sunday show he'll do stand in for Ian/Anton.

Good "squad" signing in football terms:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I enjoyed Neil when he filled in before Anton took over, I think he would have been in the running to take over from Darcy but he'd probably have to quit the stand up to take it, if Anton leaves that slot in the future, I'd like to see him take it over.

I'm presuming it'll be a light-hearted programme, don't Today Fm usually have current affairs programmes on at that time.

Good luck to Neil in the job, but i'd like to see how he deals with the current affairs, as it's normally dealt with in the first hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Anyone listening to this? Neil is grand. I find him a little self-conscious or lacking in his own style or something but it's perfectly adequate.

I enjoyed Angela's Flannery's stint though, I think I'd prefer to see her in this slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭radioland

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Anyone listening to this? Neil is grand. I find him a little self-conscious or lacking in his own style or something but it's perfectly adequate.

I enjoyed Angela's Flannery's stint though, I think I'd prefer to see her in this slot.

To be honest , if I don't like certain presenters I just switch off. I no longer understand what PD s are looking for.

What I can say is that if you generally put on young, or inexperienced or celebs, you'll generally haemorage listeners . A station I used to listen a lot more than I do now lost me when they brought in some presenters who's only knowledge of their format is from Wikipedia . And they wonder why their jnlr is Static . And as for double teams - Why?

Advertisement