Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw tiguan v Nissan qashqui tekna...opinions?

Options
  • 01-03-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, we are looking at vw tiguan and a nissan qashqui tekna. Both 140 bhp and both 2 litre diesel. ..anyone own either or opinions please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What year are you looking at? What will it be used for? Do you need alot of space?

The Qashqai is really a tall medium sized hatchback with beefed up bumpers to make it look like a SUV, it's not very big on the inside, neither is the boot. The Tiguan has a bit more room but they tend to cost more. Have you looked at anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

Tekna is 11 and Tiguan is a 10. Both leather interior which we want. Used for regular home use with 2kids. Can't decide between the 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd test drive the Kia Sportage or Hyundai ix35 too, they are very popular too and have some decent spec on them.

Have narrowed it to these 2 after a long time looking so I am not up to starting another search! A am looking at both tomorrow so hoping to decide then :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The tiguan is a superior drive, and has a better interior.
    The qashqai is more popular though, probably because tiguans used to be compatibly big money new 4/5 years ago.
    You can get some nice options on the tiguan too like self parking

• Advertisement

But the tekna has panoramic sunroof :-). :-).....that's very important in our rainy country :-)

I have a panoramic roof in my car, it really brightens the interior up.
    Even days like today.

Yea I love the look of it :-) ...but the Tiguan is prob a better buy. As matter of interest did the sunroof make any difference to your insurance quote? Silly q but someone said it does.....

Buyer12 wrote: »
    Yea I love the look of it :-) ...but the Tiguan is prob a better buy. As matter of interest did the sunroof make any difference to your insurance quote? Silly q but someone said it does.....

No. Its standard on the trim level so makes no odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

The Qashqai is a dog of a yoke, its basically a better than standard Dacia Duster, I had one as company car from new for 2 years, the engine was awful, interior is rubbish, radio looks like something from the 80's Bluetooth didn't even work half of the time. Pile of Shi te

• Advertisement

The a Qashqai is immensely popular though.

What engine was in yours Liam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The a Qashqai is immensely popular though.

What engine was in yours Liam?

1.5 diesel

The 2.0 dCi the OP is considering will be nicer.

Both of them are 2L diesel and 140bhp.
    Tiguan is black with cream and black leather interior.
    Tekna is red with black leather interior.

Tiguan won :-) have it just a few days and love it :-) thanks all.

Advertisement