Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Hair Transplant

• 22-07-2010 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with some information here… I had a hair transplant done a couple of years ago when some of my hair at the front receded (even though I was only 27, and think that it might have been more to do with stress/not eating properly). The thing is, it wasn’t very well done and I need to brush my hair forward to hide it. (I got it done here in Ireland) and now my hair is thinning on top so if I don’t do something to stop it I’m going to look really weird. Now I’d love if I could shave it off, but can’t, as I have a kind of “dolls-head” thing going on where the transplant is and a nasty-looking scar at the back. (I’d recommend serious caution before undergoing a transplant!)

It seems that propecia/proscar are the only things that really work, and I’ve seen that they’ve been effective for other people. The thing is, I’ve gone to two GPs and neither of them would give me a prescription for it (although some GPs will according to other posters). I only have a laser/maestro card so can’t buy it online either. If anyone could tell me where to get some in Dublin, I’d be very thankful. I’m looking into what can be done to repair the scar and transplant area in the long term, and just undo the whole mess, but until then I need at least to look some bit presentable

Any suggestions and advice would be very welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

sorry op, we cant give advice about sourcing prescription meds online, as this is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

edit, if anyone can recommend a GP who does prescribe it, thats fine. but please no websites/online pharmacy/otherwise dodgy stuff.

cheers

Advertisement