Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

barryd09 wrote: »
    im dying to jailbreak my phone and ipad but need to sort this fecking itunes 3194 error out first....

anyone got a guide on how to sort it?

i have an ipad on 4.3 and an iphone on 5.0,both are throwing back 3194 errors when trying to restore/update.
    have a look here; it might help you out
    http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/28716-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

im dying to jailbreak my phone and ipad but need to sort this fecking itunes 3194 error out first....

anyone got a guide on how to sort it?

i have an ipad on 4.3 and an iphone on 5.0,both are throwing back 3194 errors when trying to restore/update.

update the ipad and iphone to 5.01 and use the new jailbreak. you'll be done in no time.

Just updated IP4 to 5.0.1 and carried out JB. First time was unsuccessful but then ran redsn0w executable in Win xp compatibility mode ( I'm using win 7 ) - very easy JB. All good here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

cheers lads.

the iphone that was on 5.0 and giving me jip about the 3194 error updated no problem,now on 5.0.1 - i'll jailbreak it in a while.

the ipad that was on 4.3 is currently (touch wood) updating to 5.0.1 also,both 3194 free....and i havent done anything different than what i was at last week,strange!

anyways,what a relief it is to have an untethered jailbreak!
    next up hopefully,siri port for the iphone 4! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

does anyone know how to update to ios5.01 while preserving all data on my iphone 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I have just finally updated my iphone 4 to 5.0.1, I also have the new JB downloaded to PC. I can take my time now with running the JB yes as if apple push out a new release soon im already on the jailbeakable software yes?

cheers lads.

the iphone that was on 5.0 and giving me jip about the 3194 error updated no problem,now on 5.0.1 - i'll jailbreak it in a while.

the ipad that was on 4.3 is currently (touch wood) updating to 5.0.1 also,both 3194 free....and i havent done anything different than what i was at last week,strange!

anyways,what a relief it is to have an untethered jailbreak!
    next up hopefully,siri port for the iphone 4! :D

I take it that its an Ipad 1 ? If its IP2 and you go to 5.0.1, youll have no current way to JB.
    does anyone know how to update to ios5.01 while preserving all data on my iphone 4.
    Backup to itunes and then restore your data once the update is complete. Also, remember to transfer purchases before update !

If you already have a tethered JB on ios 5.0.1 you can install "corona" from cydia whcih will make it untethered without having to go through the whole process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

just done my 4 there very handy thought it was going to be more difficult then it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Any news on when the iPad version will be available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just updated to 5.0.1 on iPad one and finding wifi considerably slower. Anyone else have this issue?
    I have just finally updated my iphone 4 to 5.0.1, I also have the new JB downloaded to PC. I can take my time now with running the JB yes as if apple push out a new release soon im already on the jailbeakable software yes?

You should save you iOS 5.0.1 shsh blobs immediately as Apple are expected to update to 5.0.2 quickly. Saving shsh blobs will mean that if you ever accidentally update your iOS to a version that can't be jailbroken then you can restore again to a jb able version.
    Brian017 wrote: »
    Any news on when the iPad version will be available?

It's ipad2 that is unavailable ,iPad 1 can be jailbroken, just so ya know. :)

dodzy wrote: »
    I take it that its an Ipad 1 ? If its IP2 and you go to 5.0.1, youll have no current way to JB.

Backup to itunes and then restore your data once the update is complete. Also, remember to transfer purchases before update !

after i have finished the restore, its not giving me options to restore as a back up ?

any idea plus i am using an iPhone from the us.

It's ipad2 that is unavailable ,iPad 1 can be jailbroken, just so ya know. :)

Untethered?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Brian017 wrote: »
    Untethered?

Yes for iPad 1,just follow the links in the OPs post.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

any links for the ipod touch....

Yes for iPad 1,just follow the links in the OPs post.

Great. Didn't know that since the OP just mentioned the 3gs and 4. Off to JB mine now. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    any links for the ipod touch....

iPod 4th gen?
    The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
    If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now!  The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1  If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW!  See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how.  Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
    If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam.  The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.

All from
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

the update isnt going well for me.
    after restoring my iphone 4 there was no option to restore as a back up. i hav lost all my apps amd mail.

i definitely synced my iphone 4 before doing the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

You should save you iOS 5.0.1 shsh blobs immediately as Apple are expected to update to 5.0.2 quickly. Saving shsh blobs will mean that if you ever accidentally update your iOS to a version that can't be jailbroken then you can restore again to a jb able version.

Thanks, I have already saved my SHSH Blob using iFaith, as it apparently saves an APticket? Whatever the f*ck that is lol

Anyway on iFaith i dumped SHSH blob and have it safely stored, so is this including the Apticket also or is it a seperate process?

I am familiar with SHSH blobs, just the Apticket thing i am reading about on Ifans forums is throwing me a bit!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

after i have finished the restore, its not giving me options to restore as a back up ?

any idea plus i am using an iPhone from the us.
    right click on the iphone and click restore from backup and pick the latest backup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can anyone confirm if I use redsnow it can jailbreak without having to do a restore & settings etc. will be the same after it does its jailbreak?
    not in the humour to do a restore after the jb..

guil wrote: »
    right click on the iphone and click restore from backup and pick the latest backup

reset from back up is missing

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Marto10

I just JB my 3gs there but ultrasnOw doesn't seem to allow me to unlock it! the firmware is 06.15.00. first time jailbreaking so don't know what is goin on.

Any ideas?

got my ipad 1 updated to 5.0.1 and then jailbroke with the latest redsnow.
    cydia is installed but im having issues installing certain sources and things like SBsettings,any ideas?
    could there be issues getting stuff from cydia on account of the possible high traffic to cydia after the untethered was released??

" I wasnt able to locate file for the preference loader package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package"

also

" HTTP:1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

these are the messages im getting when i try to install anything from cydia

got my ipad 1 updated to 5.0.1 and then jailbroke with the latest redsnow.
    cydia is installed but im having issues installing certain sources and things like SBsettings,any ideas?
    could there be issues getting stuff from cydia on account of the possible high traffic to cydia after the untethered was released??

" I wasnt able to locate file for the preference loader package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package"

this is the message im getting when i try to install anything from cydia

sbssettings disappeared in the search for iphone 4 ios5.01 i am guessing its not compatible

sbssettings disappeared in the search for iphone 4 ios5.01 i am guessing its not compatible

aahh!! thanks,i was wondering WTF was going on,its not essential at the minute for me to have on my ipad,more so my phone but wont be jailbreaking that until i get it sent back to apple over a dodgy home button.

could dome help me fix this.

I updated my iPhone to ios5.01.
    i synced and transfered purchases to/fro from iphone to pc vice/vrsa.

so after restoring iphone i cant restore from back up.

the restore from back up tab is missing from iTunes section.

so i went to devices history and the last back up i had was on the 9/5/2011.

i thought that as soon as you sync the iPhone its automatically backed up ?
    how do i fix this mess

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

In updating to ios 5.1 for the untetherd jailbreak I mistakingly upgraded the baseband aswell to 4.11.08!!!! anyone know is it possible to downgrade to the baseband i was on for the gevey sim to work or have i just bricked my phone for good???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

coach22 wrote: »
    In updating to ios 5.1 for the untetherd jailbreak I mistakingly upgraded the baseband aswell to 4.11.08!!!! anyone know is it possible to downgrade to the baseband i was on for the gevey sim to work or have i just bricked my phone for good???

no you cant downgrade your baseband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

massy086 wrote: »
    no you cant downgrade your baseband

****!!! is there anything i can do at all then?

Advertisement