Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The evil dead trilogy

Options
  • 03-09-2003 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

You can buy it in virgin on henry street for 32.99.
    You get the three films plus a bonus one, i bought it yesterday cracker of a film.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭avatar

I already have them seperately... is the bonus DVD the american theatrical version of Army of Darkness?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You get the version of army of darkness with the good ending and not the crappy american one. The bonus is the unmatted version of Evil Dead 1. Don't know what it means cos haven't gotten round to watching it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I've got the first two and was considering buying the boxed set, because my Evil Dead 1 is the first release of the uncut that doesn't have any special features other than the commentaries and so that I could have a copy of Army of Darkness.

Didn't because it only has the director's cut of Army of Darkness. I much prefer the original, not just because of the ending. So i'll have to wait until the double disc of AoD comes down in price and then i'll just get that.

An unmatted version of Evil Dead will mean that it's in full screen, that is, you'll be seeing the film as it was recorded on film. The black bars would have been added to the picture for its theatrical run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

121752m.jpg

Is this the version thats on sale in Virgin?

Special Features
    Evil Dead:
    Audio commentary by writer/director Sam Raimi and producer Robert Tapert
    Audio commentary by star Bruce Campbell
    biographies of Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
    'Fanalysis': a documentary by Bruce Campbell (26 mins)
    'Discovering The Evil Dead' featurette
    Deleted scenes
    Outtakes
    Stills gallery
    Theatrical trailer
    TV spots
    Easter Egg (hidden feature)
    Evil Dead 2:
    Audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert and Bruce Campbell
    'Making Of' featurette
    Trailer
    Evil Dead 3 - Army Of Darkness:
    Audio commentary by director Sam Raimi, star Bruce Campbell and writer Ivan Raimi
    Additional footage (15 mins) including the original ending
    Previously unseen deleted scenes
    Storyboards
    Bonus Disc:
    Sam Raimi interview from 'The Incredibly Strange Film Show'
    'The Living Love The Dead' featurette
    'Dead Good Marketing': an all-new featurette that examines the UK advertising campaigns for 'Evil Dead' and 'Evil Dead 2'
    'Bruce Campbell: Geek or God?': an all-new featurette that examines the continuing appeal of the charming 'Evil Dead' superstar, Bruce Campbell
    'Antihero' - Stravinsky Gave Me Nightmares music video inspired by 'Evil Dead'
    Gallery of decay

Advertisement