Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tomb raider 2

Options
  • 31-08-2003 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

i seen the new movie tomb raider 2 and i thought it was a great film.
    does any1 have a fav part of that film.
    mine was when the monster things came out of the trees near the cave in africa and ripped the bad guys to shreds!!!:D

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

i kinda liked all the parts that anglia jolie was in but i thought the film was a bit of a let down, i liked the first one but the second dident do it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I really liked the first, the second one did not have any life in it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Awful film. Took itself too seriously.

Even the action parts (that should have been the highlight) were flat. One of the stinkers of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

You hate everything dont you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Despised it. Steer well clear.

• Advertisement

Well if it makes anyone feel better its after flopping at the box office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
    Well if it makes anyone feel better its after flopping at the box office
    The resentment in JohnnyBravo's posts is almost palpable.

i dont like to objectify women but im goin to no more angelina in tight bikinis tight cat suits and basically looking fine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought that Angelina looked fairly skanky in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Saw it on Saturday. It's pretty rubbish. The plot's an excuse to join a variety of action set-pieces together in a variety of different locations. The action pieces themselves are generally rather flat - deBont seems to inject little or no life into them. The camerawork is either dull or confused, making some scenes just plain out irritating. In fact the only decent action scene, for myself, was the terracota warriors fight scene which echoed some of the more interesting fights from "Xena: Warrior Princess".

The plot is so farcical to be almost laughing, falling into ridiculous fantastical moments as if they had wandered onto the set of the "Lord of the Rings" movies. Desite that, Jolie walks nonchalantly through the entire lot, oblivious to the ruins (figurative) around her. She seems content to act by way of using about one emotion through the entire movie, and looking pretty in a variety of different costumes whilst playing with high-tech gadgetry. Her on screen partner's charisma is pretty much down to his Scottish burr, but he's such a cardboard cut-out that you wonder why he doesn't get all soggy in the snowy wastelands.

Having said all that, the movie isn't the worst movie ever. It's a bit up from the derisable previous installment. It's still rubbish but it may entertain you if you're bored. Really bored that is and get to see the movie for free. Not recommended....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jamesgjf

Originally posted by ixoy
    Saw it on Saturday. It's pretty rubbish. The plot's an excuse to join a variety of action set-pieces together in a variety of different locations. The action pieces themselves are generally rather flat - deBont seems to inject little or no life into them. The camerawork is either dull or confused, making some scenes just plain out irritating. In fact the only decent action scene, for myself, was the terracota warriors fight scene which echoed some of the more interesting fights from "Xena: Warrior Princess".

The plot is so farcical to be almost laughing, falling into ridiculous fantastical moments as if they had wandered onto the set of the "Lord of the Rings" movies. Desite that, Jolie walks nonchalantly through the entire lot, oblivious to the ruins (figurative) around her. She seems content to act by way of using about one emotion through the entire movie, and looking pretty in a variety of different costumes whilst playing with high-tech gadgetry. Her on screen partner's charisma is pretty much down to his Scottish burr, but he's such a cardboard cut-out that you wonder why he doesn't get all soggy in the snowy wastelands.

Having said all that, the movie isn't the worst movie ever. It's a bit up from the derisable previous installment. It's still rubbish but it may entertain you if you're bored. Really bored that is and get to see the movie for free. Not recommended....

HOLY ****---

um .... this is a guess but ... ur not the kinda person to watch a serious film with ... are u ...:confused:

i was just askin ppl for a ... well ... LIGHTER view to the film!

but that was pretty much an answer ...:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It was a pure s**t film a waste of money

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by jamesgjf
    HOLY ****---

um .... this is a guess but ... ur not the kinda person to watch a serious film with ... are u ...:confused:

i was just askin ppl for a ... well ... LIGHTER view to the film!

but that was pretty much an answer ...:confused::confused::confused:

Heh, I see a lot of movies so I tend not to tolerate rubbish. I like some light-hearted movies... it's just I was feeling a bit bitchy when I wrote that review :D

It was alright to watch, I just wouldn't watch it again is all. I loved 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' by the way. An excellent, and fun, action/adventure movie with great acting and fun fight scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

while i am a great fan of the game series, and will tolerate a lot in the way of movie making, i was let down by it.
    but then again, i think i am always going to be let down by a tomb raider film because as far as im concerned, tomb raider should always be about the first game.
    the films have far too much interaction with people, and not enough....wel.... tomb raiding!
    still, angelina jolie was gorgeous, and i think shes a good actor, i just dont think she goes well with whoever is writing the scripts. theres too much effort trying to make the character into a female james bond.
    cool calm and collected?
    hell, ive known some archeologists who wooop for joy when they see an old bit of clay pottery in the sand, let alone a cavern of terracotta warriors! and being a woman as well, i think shed be emotioanlly distraut with all thats going on around her :)
    still, angelina jolie was gorgeous :)

Advertisement