Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Pie: The wedding

• 11-08-2003 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

I thought it was quite amusing anyway, don't want to mention anything specific, perhaps better then the second one IIRC. What did other people think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

great film, loads a laughs as usual.

stiffler was the main man, he was helarious. from start to finish i couldnt take my eyes of it. a must-see film.

probably better than 2 alrite, maybe even the first. the film has everythin. stiffler even its dogs sh!te!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Better than 2, not as good as 1 as it came at the right time and was fantastic. But it seems that every 2nd film now-a-days is a piss take of if, boat trip, road trip..... list goes on.

Back to the film. from the opening scene in the restaurant you know you are in for lots of laughs. Excellent, a definate must see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i love the whole american pie but i also have to say that road trip was class!!! Wouldn't call it a piss take of it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Was actually quite good, better than 2 anyway. There were some dodgy story elements to help it get going though, which didn't make alot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

absolutely brilliant.

defo put me off eating choco truffles for life!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Coughing up the pubes... sick but very funny....

Well worth a watch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Don't forget the Dance-off :) Sean William Scotts greatest moment.

Yeah definatly a clasic...

I notice the lacross player guy wasn't this one... (and his hot girlfriend)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I thought it was ok, it was better than the first but not as good as the second. But still, it had some good laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm i definetly thought the first one was better then the second alright

• Advertisement

Id agree the 2nd movie wasn't up to much...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

These films belong on video, I'll see it when I see it in the 5 for 5 nights bin or it comes on telly. Or smack my head off a wall until I pass out, Mmm Mmm Mmm, Enterainment. Blazin' Saddles on last night, don't make 'em like they used to!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I laughed til I hurt during the first two films but only laughed a total of 4 times during this one. It might appeal to people who are amused easily. Wait until it's out on video. Also, despite stifler being the only noteworthy character in the whole film I think they kind of ruined his character by changing him from annoying likeable asshole to complete asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A bit harsh, Retro.... I laughed my ass off at American Pie 3. I'm looking forward to the DVD with additional/extended scenes (as they did with the first two). I'll probably buy the box set when it comes out next year too....

Stifler was a total asshole in this one to make his gesture at the end more meaningful.

The wedding itself was very well done, and a great way to finish off the trilogy. Lets hope they stop it now, and don't try and milk the franchise.

- Dave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe I didn't laugh as much at it because I was very tired when watching it (damn you harry potter for making me stay up until 4.30 to finish you) but there were an awful lot of terribly unfunny jokes and a lot of extremely boring parts. However there were some absolutely hilarious bits but the film never kept up any kind of momentum. I much preferred the first two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I saw this movie today and I'd have to completely agree with Retro, it wasnt anything as good as the first two movies. The first movie was brilliant, the second movie wasnt as good but is still better than most people here are giving it credit for.

However, Stifler carried the second movie and was so hilarious in it, but in this movie, it was like a totally new character. It was as if Sean William Scott was trying too hard to be Stifler, but I'm sure it was the fault of the poor poor script.

Everything was so random, it was like a bunch of mildly amusing sketches roughly stuck together with boring dialog. I did like some bits e.g. the chocolate truffle, but I gotta say I hated that stupid dance off scene, and wasn't too impressed by a few of the others.

While im still glad I saw it cos i thought it was ok, I think it really let down the American Pie series. Surely theres gotta be some other people like me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Watch it with a few beers on ya, always helps the ol' sense of humor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i thought it was utter-uber-trash-****-flick
    you could see the jokes coming from afar.. you just knew what they were going to.*avoid at all cost*

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I thought it was pretty good, and indeed funnier than AP2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Kaimera
    absolutely brilliant.

defo put me off eating choco truffles for life!! :D

Hmmm i dread to think what this could mean i really do....:eek:

• Advertisement

The version i saw had nothing about jelly (gello?!) in it but there was something in the trailer i saw about it..

Any one shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

was ok i suppose, it had it's moments but i thought it was a bit predictable. with out stiffler APTW would be rubbish as he is the main man in all the funny parts.

I'd give it a 6/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

it was the best of the 3
    what a laugh!

Stifler IS DA MAN!

Stiler Pie 4 ..
    BRING IT ON

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Best of the three of them.Stifler was gas
    so good i couldnt leave it ti go to the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by lamda
    Hmmm i dread to think what this could mean i really do....:eek:

and so you should :p

I do agree that Stifler was trying a tad hard in this movie.
    He did carry alot of it this time but you'd be hard pressed to find a funnier movie in the cinema now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ah I think he was in the begining but after about 15mins or so it settled back into its usual pace. Some mad scenes alright, ****brick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I actually liked this music, and I really am a cynical bastard (I hated PotC). I just LOVED the dance scene, I found that great. Some bits were very cringing, mainly the truffle bit.

8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

9/10 a laugh every minute for me

the scene with the two strippers was fantastic
    see the word fanny you use is actually a car, remember you asked me to take a ride in your fanny!, and the guy with the leather trousers trying to hide his bare ass

:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

one question...why is it called American Pie: The Wedding over here, and "American Wedding" in the states?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

I've seen it called "American Wedding" in a few places over here too. not sure why though, I've heard of a few films which had to have a different name in the states cause they wouldn't have got it over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

liked it, better than the second one anyway!

All ways rember the ring is the lesson from this film!

Advertisement