Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to upgrade to a gaming mouse

Options
  • 27-07-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i'm looking to upgrade from a normal desktop mouse to a cool gaming mouse ^.^.so i come to this forums to ask the pro's what would you guys recommend, i've been looking at logitech and razer but i don't really know what one to pick :P, so this is where you guys come in xD
    i'm looking to spend around the range of 50 euro but am willing to go up to about 70 euro.
    Would be helpful if i could get a reply ASAP as this I really want to get one before I leave on holiday, thanks :DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Personally I'd go with a Logitech. I bought a DeathAdder 2013 to replace my ageing MX518 and the thumb buttons are sticking and the scroll wheel is sometimes unresponsive. The 518 is still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Look for MX518, have mine for years. Bought it on a recommendation and it's the absolute business! Great mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Shlippery wrote: »
    Look for MX518, have mine for years. Bought it on a recommendation and it's the absolute business! Great mouse!

that is end of life unfortunately so you should be looking at the Logitech G400s or G500s or the newer G402 or G502

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MX518 was discontinued and unfortunately getting one will cost you a fair few quid.

Logitech released another mouse that was very similar, with most reviews saying its the closest thing to it. Can't remember the name/model though.

I'd stay clear of Razer since they arn't as impressive s they like to make themselves out, over priced and suffer from durability issues.

Logitech is a really solid brand that won't break the bank. Heard some good stuff about the steelseries range of mice also, but that might push your budget depending. I've a Razer DeathAdder and have been nothing but underwhelmed withit for a good long while now, have an Mx518 at home and constantly toying with the idea of switching back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Obbly

Skerries wrote: »
    that is end of life unfortunately so you should be looking at the Logitech G400s or G500s or the newer G402 or G502

Hi, i've been looking at the 6402 and 6502 but their wired, so what about the g602 it is wireless what do u think of this mouse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eoin41

Look for Logitech G602 - this is the best wireless mouse that I have ever operated.
    Both gaming mode and endurance mode are sufficient for the games I've played most (Call of Duty, etc...). You might be more comfortable with a faster polling rate for multiplayer games, but I haven't noticed any performance issues, even in endurance mode. If it's that much of a concern, you're probably already using a wired mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

eoin41 wrote: »
    Look for Logitech G602 - this is the best wireless mouse that I have ever operated.
    Both gaming mode and endurance mode are sufficient for the games I've played most (Call of Duty, etc...). You might be more comfortable with a faster polling rate for multiplayer games, but I haven't noticed any performance issues, even in endurance mode. If it's that much of a concern, you're probably already using a wired mouse.

awful mouse for gaming...found input lag is really really bad especially for fpsgaming and no tilt wheel function. I relegated it to my office for work.
    Best logitech mouse for gaming is the logitech g9/g9x or one of the older discontinued models like the 518 etc which I'm sure you could easily get on ebay..actually think there's one in my box of gadgets etc which the missues always gives out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

For sheer value for money toy won't beat this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AKUOT52?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Takes about 2 weeks to arrive from Hong kong!
    Need to use a UK address though which is fine for those of us close to the border!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-Programmable-programmable-Customizing-Manufacturers/dp/B00FNKMVUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1438170259&sr=1-1&keywords=utechsmart+venus

I haven been using this one for 9 months now and find it excellent. Precise, most of the buttons are easily accessible (I use about 8 of them) and no problems whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

morgana wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/UtechSmart-Programmable-programmable-Customizing-Manufacturers/dp/B00FNKMVUO/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1438170259&sr=1-1&keywords=utechsmart+venus

I haven been using this one for 9 months now and find it excellent. Precise, most of the buttons are easily accessible (I use about 8 of them) and no problems whatsoever.

Thats interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

May not be the cheapest place to look, but Maplin tend to have a good choice of Gaming mice in store. No rigs to test them on, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

UrbanFret wrote: »
    For sheer value for money toy won't beat this.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AKUOT52?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Takes about 2 weeks to arrive from Hong kong!
    Need to use a UK address though which is fine for those of us close to the border!

Price there is terrific. If quality is there op is in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,322 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

morgana wrote: »

nice Naga ripoff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Well I cant really recommend a mouse unless i know what you want to play mostly, fps or rts? I currently use a corsair m65(great mouse and sturdy) but its not much good for a RTS. Likewise the Naga is a great RTS mouse but not so good at FPS.
    Some mice to consider:
    Logitech g502, 602
    Razer Naga, Deathadder(2013)
    Corsair M65, M95
    Steelseries Sensei
    Rokkat (all top mice)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Recurve360 wrote: »
    Rokkat (all top mice)

I got a Rokkat Kova [+] a couple of years ago, and don't think too much of it. Rubberized side panel kept coming off (leaving that side of the mouse all sticky with the adhesive getting everywhere) and the sensitivity just seems patchy too, both with movement and the scroll wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

I've been using Perixx mx3000 for couple years now and am happy with it.
    Amazon doing good deals on them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I'm a fairly casual gamer, although I find myself playing a lot more this year.

Getting a new mouse is not something I would have even considered. There are gaming mice? Wow! I can't really fathom that. I'm interested to hear about the benefits.

If I was to put you in the position of 'gaming mouse salesman', and me in the position of clueless casual gamer (which I am), what would your pitch be?

Why should I upgrade my mouse?

Customer profile: I don't have ultra fast reflexes or the temperament for FPS games. I game for 5-10 hours per week and tend to play strategy, casual and rpg's. I play on a 3 year old laptop which is beginning to show it's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

im a casual gamer and im using a Logitech g700s wireless, I love it, nice size, buttons are well placed feels heavy enough and well made should be around your budget aswell,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

The Steelseries and Razor that I've owned both broke and had to be returned.
    Best mouse for FPS is Zowie. No drivers needed and no bells and whistles. Just a well built accurate sensor.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-035-ZW&groupid=702&catid=23

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

G602, on my second one in 7 months, now this one is going as well. Bought from Amazon.

Basicly the middle mouse clicker partially stops working, you have to really click it quite hard to register.

If you shake the mosue it seems to work again. The worst part is, it is the best mouse I have used!

Im just going to keep this one and solder new switches when the times comes \ I can not be arrsed shaking it anymore..

• Advertisement
Advertisement