Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distilled water

Options
  • 23-07-2015 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Just looking to find somewhere in dublin. Preferably close to dundrum that had distilled water.

Need some to clean out new radiators I just got but haven't been able to find anywhere that sells it.

I have check halfords. HomeBase and tesco. They all only have de-ionised water. Which won't do any real harm for just cleaning but if I can find some distilled water I would rather go that root.

If anyone knows where to get some. Please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Thor wrote: »
    Hey all.

Just looking to find somewhere in dublin. Preferably close to dundrum that had distilled water.

Need some to clean out new radiators I just got but haven't been able to find anywhere that sells it.

I have check halfords. HomeBase and tesco. They all only have de-ionised water. Which won't do any real harm for just cleaning but if I can find some distilled water I would rather go that root.

If anyone knows where to get some. Please let me know. Thanks in advanced.
    Have you asked in any of the pharmacies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Bhagwan chemist beside the centra on the old ballnteer road does purified water.

What rads are you cleaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Have you asked in any of the pharmacies?

After a few, I finally found one that had some purified water. Also got some isopropyl alchole while I was there.

My first stop was a pharmacy, but they said they had none and it would have to be ordered in and would take a week, so kept trying after your advice.

Cheers for that.
    game4it70 wrote: »
    Bhagwan chemist beside the centra on the old ballnteer road does purified water.

What rads are you cleaning?

Managed to get some in a pharmacy near me, which I was pretty sure said they did do it last time.

Clean a 360mm EK and 240mm Hardware Labs. Just finished the build over the weeked and posted some pics in the image megathread.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

You can get it in any motor-factors. Some cheaper some dearer. Most pharmacies will charge an arm and a leg - eg. 2l -> €17.
    Halfors sells 5l cans for €4.20 calling it Halfords Battery Top-Up Water. Same thing really.
    You can make it yourself but it involves time and time is money -> go to Halfords and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eddieb88

most chemists do it for the sleep apnea ventilators

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Mmm, necrothreadededeged.

This idea about picking up industrial quantities of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water in the local pharmacy, drugstore etc. is very much an American concept as they can actually do so without having to sell a kidney or remortgage their home to do so. This side of the Atlantic you're usually much better off using the interwebs or a motor factors, though you're still going to pay a lot more than overseas counterparts...

And on that note, thread closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement