Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a handheld car vacuum?

• 11-03-2015 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, wanting to get away from lugging the home Hoover into the car! Can anyone recommend a hand held rechargeable vacuum or one that runs off the cigarette charger? These top 2 on amazon have good reviews but does anyone have one that actually has good suction?
    I bought one in Lidl a while back and it was useless!
    I intend to clean it a lot more often ( new car syndrome!!) so hoping it diesnt get really bad I between cleans!

Sorry can't post links, one was a black and decker and the other was a vax...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I use the house vacuum to clean the car always, has the small nozzle for the narrow crevices. Find it the best for the job. I have used them small portable things, but in fact they are awkward and won't get into the small areas. I'd stick with the vacuum if you are happy with the results, I'm using the vacuum at least twice a week between the cars and it never really bothered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

I know house vacuum is the best but it puts me off lugging the whole thing out etc so I as hoping if I had a hand held I would be encouraged yo do it more often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll probably get some good suggestions in this thread.
    If you want to find older recommendations try the search
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=47&query=hoover
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=47&query=vacuum

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

Great thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

The hand held dysons are probably the best you'll get for this - really expensive though, think we paid like 250 for our one, but it's mainly for the house so was easy to justify - just gets used for the car also, battery pack lasts about 15 minutes which is more then enough for any car really. They start at about €170 or so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Viper_JB wrote: »
    The hand held dysons are probably the best you'll get for this - really expensive though, think we paid like 250 for our one, but it's mainly for the house so was easy to justify - just gets used for the car also, battery pack lasts about 15 minutes which is more then enough for any car really. They start at about €170 or so....
    Yeah I reckon they are all pretty poor apart from the Dyson which is a different class of a handheld altogether. (although... 15mins? expected more!)
    Herself had a 6V "Black & Decker" vacuum - pretty useless really. You might suffer a better version of one of them if you lived in an apartment. But if you have a driveway and a proper vacuum I wouldn't bother with one.

Advertisement