Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcheck mileage accuracy

• 10-03-2015 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Ran a full check on a motor i was looking at buying on motorcheck.ie. I knew it was imported and registered here over a year ago.last dvla mileage check is showing 40k miles more than is on it now.I take it the dvla one would be 100% accurate and alarms bells should be ringing in my head?

First experience with an import.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

What car is it anyway?

Alarm bells would certainly be ringing alright....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Do the maths and see if it would work out if something was entered as miles or km accidentally once, therefore throwing the mileage out. It's happened to me a few times before, and it's not too often I do be doing these checks. Be careful nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks guys.Have passed up on this one.I'll keep looking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I wouldn't trust motorcheck.

I wouldn't trust motorcheck.

Oh, thought they were similar to cartell?

• Advertisement

Do the maths and see if it would work out if something was entered as miles or km accidentally once, therefore throwing the mileage out. It's happened to me a few times before, and it's not too often I do be doing these checks. Be careful nonetheless.

I'm not so sure on this. It's a UK import, so I'd imagine it would have been record in miles or would they record in KMs?

Whats coming up as miles on the uk part of the check would be roughly what it was if you were to take it as being kms and converting it to miles when tested here a few weeks later. i.e. showing as 160k miles on UK part of motorcheck and then 99k miles on irish test doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,290 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do a UK HPI check on it and maybe ring the garages that stamped the service book.

Advertisement