Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Media Platform Checker

Options
  • 27-07-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone with coding experience could tell me if the below is possible.

Is it possible to write code that will automatically take a value from a list i.e. Excel file, change it for a destination value in a URL and then read back results from a specifc part of a webpage for example....

This website ( seartwidotcom/user/talktalkcare) shows the social media publishing platforms used by "TalkTalk" in the UK, it's on the left hand side under frequently used clients you can see Lithium social web. If possible I wanted to see if I could automate some kind of process whereby the twitter handle can be swtiched from a list of different company twitter handles, i.e. the UFC use Sprout Social (seartwidotcom/user/ufc) and then pull back and input the platforms into a corresponding cell/field i.e. talktalk = lithium etc... UFC = sprout social...

As you can tell, I've no coding experience I just wanted to see if anyone could let me know if this is possible, good/bad practice, easy to do?

Thanks for any and all input!

Advertisement