Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lightinthebox

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi was wondering if anyone has heard of the site lightinthebox.com .

It is something like littlewoods .

Sells everything, I was looking at it mainly for tablets/mobile phones .It is a chinese wedsite .Some of the tablets are very cheap around € 100 with android 4.0 etc .The reviews are pretty good as are the reviews for the mobiles .

So if you have bought anything form it ie tablets or mobiles could you let me know what you think before I take the plunge .Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Wouldn't touch any of the tat on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davidf27

have you had personal experience with this site ,could you give me a bit more info

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

other similar sites - check for coupons in case you can get an extra few % off.
    www.dx.com
    www.buyincoins.com <--- all the reviews are 5/5 for everything :p (in Russian)

they are great for stocking fillers
    don't spend money you can't afford to loose

very little on them is genuine
    - ignore any brand names it's probably as counterfeit as the CE safety markings
    set your expectations very,very low - check out the Bargain Alerts forum for threads on tablets https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Friend of a friend had a mobile phone from those sites that caught fire :pac:

Just to be clear. If you want pound shop crap delivered to your door from half way around the world for less than pound shop prices these sites are perfect. Buy you have to realise you are probably not even getting pound shop quality.

also anything over €18 or €22 (including postage) is likely to get hit with VAT / duty and handling charge especially as we get closer to Christmas

Advertisement