Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid one-hour-photo people!

Options
  • 20-09-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Oh my God I've just gotten my photos from Electric Picnic developed onto a CD (I didn't wanna lose my digital camera so just brought disposable cameras instead, as I've always done for festivals) in a one-hour-photos place. I've used this place a few times, and gotten stuff onto CD before with no problems, but this CD is a fecking disgrace. The resolution of the pics is crap, they only fill half the screen on Windows Picture Viewer, and magnified they're all grainy and pixelated. When I eventually figured out how to copy them onto my hard disk, I found that they're read-only, which is a joke, I can't even change the orientation of the portrait view ones. My own photos! Plus the order of them, the way they're named is all out of order, there's pictures of the crowd and stage late at night interspersed with pictures of dinner earlier that day, or at the tents the next morning.

I'm so annoyed right now (can ya tell?? :p)

Has anyone else had problems like this with getting disposable cameras developed? I'm gonna go in tomorrow and complain and try to get them to do it again, but they can't use the fact that it's a disposable camera as an excuse can they? I've always gotten festival photos on CD before, for Facebook and stuff, and they've always been grand before. I hate bloody complaining but God it's really an awful job it'd take me forever to fix the order of them and for what? Pictures in order but still crap fecking pictures!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can easily stop them from being read only

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Oops thanks didn't even realise that :o

Okay one aspect of the problem fixed - any miracle cures for improving the quality of them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Disposable cameras are utter muck by todays camera standards. They're just about alright when you print them directly to a standard piece of photo paper but if you're transferring them to cd and looking at them on a computer you're having a laugh if you expect anything like the pictures you'd have taken on your digital cam, specially when you zoom in.

You wanted decent pictures you should have brought your digital camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

without seeing the quality of the photos how can we judge if they are of disposable quality or not?

pc screen
    big
    disposable print
    far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

depending on who you used, there could be high res versions on the disk.

Go to My Computer and right click on the DVD/CD drive.

Choose Explore and have a snoop around the folders.

S

• Advertisement

Here's an example of a couple of them...

I know that the quality of disposable camera pics isn't as good as digital, but my point is I've used them many times before, gotten them onto CD and they have never been as bad as this

Oh my God THANKS slumped I didn't know I could do that, when you open the disk it just autoruns into this crap Fujifilm program. All the high res are there yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Apologise to the one-hour-photo people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

And they all lived happily ever after...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Do you bring a wallet with you wherever you go, a phone? Then why can't you bring a bleedin digital camera!?

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Do you bring a wallet with you wherever you go, a phone? Then why can't you bring a bleedin digital camera!?

Christ.
    But who could you blame then..?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

But who could you blame then..?
    Jesus, i blame everything on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Christ.
    are you signing your posts as Christ himself now??? Jeez talk about having a huge ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Stupid customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I just wished you'd pointed this out after she'd gone back and complained to the shop. Oh, the humanity...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I think we all Died A little Inside after reading this Thread

Advertisement