Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due November 2015

• 22-02-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Due baby no 2 on 5 November! Was surprised to have found out so soon, not even 4 weeks gone yet! DD is only 5 mths old so it will be mayhem but always wanted to have 2 close together 😄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I will join ya. No. 3 for us hopefully all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamamaisy

March11 wrote: »
    I will join ya. No. 3 for us hopefully all going well.

Congrats! Was beginning to think I would be the only one on this thread. What date?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Think about 11th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 _PlainJane

I've just found out mine is due November 14th. It's my first so trying to get my head around a lot right now! Has anyone gone with Domino Midwives at Holles Street? Do you recommend going that way?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamamaisy

_PlainJane wrote: »
    I've just found out mine is due November 14th. It's my first so trying to get my head around a lot right now! Has anyone gone with Domino Midwives at Holles Street? Do you recommend going that way?

Thanks

Congrats PlainJane! Yeah there's a lot to get your head around alright, although it's my second and still trying to get my head around it! I'm not in Dublin so can't advise but I hear Dominos is supposed to be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 _PlainJane

Mamamaisy wrote: »
    Congrats PlainJane! Yeah there's a lot to get your head around alright, although it's my second and still trying to get my head around it! I'm not in Dublin so can't advise but I hear Dominos is supposed to be fantastic.

Thanks Mamamaisy. Congratulations to you too! It's starting to sink in now and we've told a few close family members. About to tell my partners mother tomorrow, so that will be a nice Mother's Day surprise for her! Hopefully I have no issues getting onto the Domino scheme, there have been so many great comments left about them here on the forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Our 2nd (and last!!!) is due November, wife is getting a lot of morning sickness this time round, but in the 1st pregnancy there was none, it was a dream pregnancy, is this usual ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

the_monkey wrote: »
    Our 2nd (and last!!!) is due November, wife is getting a lot of morning sickness this time round, but in the 1st pregnancy there was none, it was a dream pregnancy, is this usual ?

I had that on my last pregnancy first two pregnancies no symptoms third one I felt like I was dying very tired very nauseous very sore all over turns out I was having triplets so it's possible you have multiples, I'm back to no symptoms on this pregnancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Completely normal, every pregnancy is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My mother was *convinced* that my younger sister was a boy because her symptoms were so different to when she was pregnant with me. Nope, just a different baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

layviae wrote: »
    I had that on my last pregnancy first two pregnancies no symptoms third one I felt like I was dying very tired very nauseous very sore all over turns out I was having triplets so it's possible you have multiples, I'm back to no symptoms on this pregnancy

My god ! I hope it's not multiples !!

couldn-t handle that..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 orlanemo

November 23 based on my reckoning, November 28 by the GPs. After two miscarriages I have so much anxiety. I've bad nausea which makes me feel bad but when I don't have it I feel worse because I'm so worried about losing it. I've had pregnancy symptoms since three days after ovulation so that's much earlier than previous two. Everything is crossed and sending the good vibes to the little bean 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 novabean

Heya mamas,

Im jumping in for november 2015. Was full sure I was pregnant for the last week but only got a BFP this morning.

It is baby no 2 for me. My last one 3 years ago was a hairy one, ending early at 28 wks. Im hoping to get to the uncomfortable waddle stage on this one.

Feeling a bit nauseous when my tum is empty but thats about it, for now! Im a light sleeper anyway but I have noticed im going to the bathroom more during the night too.

Im based in Dublin, have to get on to my GP next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 novabean

Back from the GP and all booked in for Holles Street Public. 12 week scan, second week May. But, I'm going to go ahead and book a sneaky reassurance scan in week 8 and hopefully there will be no subchorionic haematoma present this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hi girls. I'll join ye here too - due around the 9th November. Nervous after two mc's but lucky enough to have had an early scan and seen a heartbeat.
    Congrats to you all & wishing you all a happy & healthy 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me joining, due 24th November, so afraid to jinx it by telling anyone. Going for an early private scan in 2 weeks, I'll be just 8 weeks at that stage, fingers and toes crossed it will put my mind at ease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

Hello All, hope its OK for a lad to post here?

My wife is due early November, have told the parentals but nobody else yet... Have scan in Holles Street end of April.

Its our first and we only started trying in January... I am over the moon and so excited its hard to put into words... We must be pretty lucky... Needed to tell someone, so there you go internet - I'm gonna be a Dad :)

Wish you all the best, positive vibes & healthy pregnancies.

Exciting times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'll join in too! Due end Nov. Second baby. Very excited!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I'll jump in here too. 6 weeks pregnant, due 25th November. So excited. Have one little boy already who is almost 15 months old.
    Congrats everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Hi All,

First time to this form, FYI, i am the father so this might be different.

It will be our first born if all goes well, still skeptical as wife miscarried last time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

hi all,my gf is 9 weeks tomorrow,shes due 13th november,we havent gotten a date for our first scan even tho she booked it online in holler street. is that normal to be left waiting this close to 12 weeks and not have a date for the scan??? its our first aswell.

littleman wrote: »
    hi all,my gf is 9 weeks tomorrow,shes due 13th november,we havent gotten a date for our first scan even tho she booked it online in holler street. is that normal to be left waiting this close to 12 weeks and not have a date for the scan??? its our first aswell.

Some places prefer to leave the first scan til 13 weeks. Mine isn't til I'm 13 + 5 days, just because of the way the clinic days fall. I'm not in dub though, so I'm sure different places have different systems. If it would put your mind at rest, just give a ring and ask. I rand when I was referred and asked them to give me plenty notice so I could organise time off work, and they gave me the appointment on the phone that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

littleman wrote: »

Just give them a ring, I waited 6 weeks and it turned out they forgot to send it. My first scan isn't until I'm 21 weeks anyway, but my first appointment was when I was 12 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

jlm29 wrote: »
    Some places prefer to leave the first scan til 13 weeks. Mine isn't til I'm 13 + 5 days, just because of the way the clinic days fall. I'm not in dub though, so I'm sure different places have different systems. If it would put your mind at rest, just give a ring and ask. I rand when I was referred and asked them to give me plenty notice so I could organise time off work, and they gave me the appointment on the phone that day.

Cool thanks for that,they seem to be lazy when ever we do call and the calss just ring out.

Is there to do at this early stage of pregnancy ?

Can anyone advise me, gp sent referral to maternity hospital in Limerick for first appointment, I've heard nothing yet, that was 3 weeks ago and will be 12 weeks in another 3 weeks. Should I ring the hospital?

Can anyone advise me, gp sent referral to maternity hospital in Limerick for first appointment, I've heard nothing yet, that was 3 weeks ago and will be 12 weeks in another 3 weeks. Should I ring the hospital?

No harm to give a buzz. Sometimes hospitals seem to forget that people need a bit of notice. My referral was sent over three weeks ago (I'm just coming up to 8 weeks now), and I rang to ask for as much notice as possible, so I could organise myself at work, and they gave me an appointment over the phone, for May 29th

jlm29 wrote: »
    No harm to give a buzz. Sometimes hospitals seem to forget that people need a bit of notice. My referral was sent over three weeks ago (I'm just coming up to 8 weeks now), and I rang to ask for as much notice as possible, so I could organise myself at work, and they gave me an appointment over the phone, for May 29th

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday. It would be something to look forward to! I had private scan last week so looking forward to the 12 ish week scan to hopefully be a few weeks safer

Gone very quiet on this thread! How's everybody doing?
    I've had a few scans, almost at 13 weeks, still a bag of nerves & still pretty ill but doing ok sofar. Taking it day by day!

• Advertisement

I've been trying to forget I'm pregnant!! I haven't got my first scan for 3.5 weeks, so I don't want to tell anyone til after that, so I've been putting it to the back of my mind! Have had no symptoms really, other than occasional nausea, so I'm very lucky. Have had a chest infection for the last couple of weeks, but seem to be just shaking it off! Thank god!
    Hope everyone else is doing well!

I'm going for my scan the 22nd will be 13.5 weeks at that stage, can't wait, at least all going well I can tell people. Still so cautious despite scan showing good baby heartbeat at 7.5 weeks.
    Tiredness is my biggest problem, the odd bit of heartburn but have only been sick as a result of a smell I didn't like!

Wife had a bleed scare a few weeks ago but we had the scan and all is ok, TTBF !!

tis only now that we are telling me, however she is kicking up the bed every night but hey tis a small price to pay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Another November baby here :) had the scan last week so its looking like 28th November will be the big day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

How's everyone doing?

Had my booking appointment in holles St today, Jesus it took lifetime, wasn't that bad when we were there with last baby, got there for 8.15, got bloods, did history, and urine, booked big scan all by 9.30 but didn't get seen by the doc till 11.40.
    I'm eligible for midwives scheme which is great, avoids a lot of waiting around time, plus they do afternoon appointments which is great.
    14 weeks tomo, got an amazingly clear pic of baby too, it's so cool.

Hope everyone is keeping well and happy.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Officially started telling people today. Had our first scan. 15+ weeks. Our second. My daughter is nearly 12, and now I will have a son :-)

Time to start looking around at all the freebies!

• Advertisement

Have my first hospital appt on fri. Looking forward to making sure everything's ok, and then outing myself! I've done well to keep it to myself... Last time I had loads of ppl told by now!
    Feeling grand. Small bit tired still, but have been lucky symptom wise!

Had my scan on fri. Everything looking good, and dates right for end nov- so I can stay in this thread! Such a relief to have it over with, and to be able to tell people!
    Hope everyone else is getting on well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ginger Power

Hi Everyone, was flicking in here to see do people have advice on what travel system people are going for etc, don't want to be spending €600 plus on one as i think that is crazy. Am 19 weeks and due on 10th of November almost half way there. Had a consultant appointment last week, it was only 1.5hrs so wasn't too bad, got to hear heartbeat and loads of movement, we awaiting scan appointment for 22 Weeks, happy out hope all is well

Hi Everyone, was flicking in here to see do people have advice on what travel system people are going for etc, don't want to be spending €600 plus on one as i think that is crazy. Am 19 weeks and due on 10th of November almost half way there. Had a consultant appointment last week, it was only 1.5hrs so wasn't too bad, got to hear heartbeat and loads of movement, we awaiting scan appointment for 22 Weeks, happy out hope all is well

It depends on your needs, as regards a travel system. I researched a lot last time, and did end up spending a good bit, (got a silvercross), but it's in perfect nick, and will be used again this time. If you intend having a second baby quite quickly, it's worth getting something that converts to a double- you might pay a bit more than €600, but you'll save money long term. If you do a lot of walking on country roads, you might need something with bigger wheels, etc. it's hard to know what's right, without knowing exactly what your lifestyle is.
    A couple of friends of mine got out n about nippers, and found them great, and not too expensive. But I'm not sure can you get a car seat adaptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The whole car seat, travel system, buggy thing is crazy - I can only compare it to non-techies trying to buy a computer or a phone - so many different options that generally look and feel near identical - but can cost thousands more or less than each other :D

• Advertisement

Hi all, hope everyone is well & the bumps are coming along nicely :)
    I had a scan today at 19+2 so delighted to say we saw our little person wriggling around happily! Such a relief. We had been discussing finding out the sex but I don't think we will. A healthy baby is enough for me.

On the travel system/ buggy thing.......we started looking around at the weekend.
    Crazy, crazy money involved. They really know how to push the whole 'it's your child's safety' spin on things....
    Our number one requirement is that whatever buggy we get can be adapted easily for number two when that happens. Ours will be used on footpaths and rubbish country roads so that's another consideration.
    Lots of 2nd hand options available too so we shall see how things go.
    I loved the uppababy vista & the Baby Jogger city select.

All good here, just waiting on a hospital appointment for our scan, am being impatient though waiting lol.

As for the travel system its driving me crazy as they are so expensive and every one has a different choice and reason why this one or that one is the best. We are looking at Beep Twist system but finding it hard to get fed back, Icandy and Quinny are just out of my price range i just dont have the money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Think of it as buying a car, bicycle or piece of furniture..... if you are planning on using it every day for a couple of years (or more if you will be having more kids) then it might be worthwhile forking out money for a good quality solid travel system. Something that will last the test of time.

Our little one is almost 2 and our travel system is still being used a good lot. Baby no.2 is due in November too so we'll be using it all over again when he/she arrives.

I think at the time we paid about €750 for it. That included the newborn car seat & base for the car seat - and clips to put the car seat directly on to the frame, the 2 pram options (bassinet & 'normal' pram seat) rain cover and the heavy fleece lined sleeping bag thingy for the winter time.

All i've had to do in the couple of years we've been using it is inflate the tyres a couple of times.

We have friends who bought cheaper options and after a couple of months were giving out about what they bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea I run a bit, so I have been looking at the running ones, but they also seem to be huge and a pain in the arse to collapse and put into cars - loads of options, but that is part of the problem :)

But the idea of the travel system where you spend more now, but get all the bits you will use for a few years seems to make sense to me now - but deffo going to start looking at donedeal.ie and adverts.ie :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have our big scan on the 8th July. We were in a few weeks ago and were able to tell us it was a boy. The were positive it was a boy (this was at about 15 weeks).

My OH is doing well symptoms wise. Tiredness mainly. This is our second. First pregnancy was very rough. She was in hospital for 6 solid months. She has bad kidney issues, but thankfully nothing of the sort this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

The whole car seat, travel system, buggy thing is crazy - I can only compare it to non-techies trying to buy a computer or a phone - so many different options that generally look and feel near identical - but can cost thousands more or less than each other :D

Yep. We have twins due in November & wife has tasked me with the travel system. My head hurts :(

How is everyone keeping? Iv being into the hospital i seem to be getting Kidney infections alot which suck, i was so bad this week i could barely walk with the pains. Getting results back today.

On another note we have looked at travel systems we are thinking of going with the Chicco City Jet, i liked it. I'm also looking at the baby event in Dunnes at moment, gonna get some pampers nappies and wipes i think, only super confused on bottles what to go with any suggestions?

How is everyone keeping? Iv being into the hospital i seem to be getting Kidney infections alot which suck, i was so bad this week i could barely walk with the pains. Getting results back today.

On another note we have looked at travel systems we are thinking of going with the Chicco City Jet, i liked it. I'm also looking at the baby event in Dunnes at moment, gonna get some pampers nappies and wipes i think, only super confused on bottles what to go with any suggestions?

Hey ginger! Hope you get on ok with your results. I used tommee tippee bottles last time, and they were grand. Although someone bought me a steriliser that was a different brand, and the bottles didn't fit in very well, so that was a nuisance! I know some people swear by the bottles that are for wind (dr someone or other), but we didn't need them last time- though I breastfed for a good while, so I suppose he was over the worst of it by the time I really needed the bottles!

I think we're going to try using the Dr Browns bottles to start with, I've read quite a bit about them and I think they seem like a good idea. We've bought a second hand silver cross surf which is what we saw that we liked to start with, the second hand one just came up at a good price

I think we're going to try using the Dr Browns bottles to start with, I've read quite a bit about them and I think they seem like a good idea. We've bought a second hand silver cross surf which is what we saw that we liked to start with, the second hand one just came up at a good price

Good choice! I love mine! Can't wait to use it again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement