Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The members of Reddit's wrestling forum ranks the 10 best Mania matches of all time

Options
  • 11-03-2015 10:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

10) Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H - Wrestlemania XXX & Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - Wrestlemania X (TIE)

9) Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 21

8) Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XXVI

7) Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X

6) Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - Wrestlemania XX

5) The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Wrestlemania X-Seven

4) Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - Wrestlemania III

3) Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Wrestlemania 13

2) Dudley Boys vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian - Wrestlemania X-Seven

1) Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker - Wrestlemania 25

Agree? Disagree?

Id have Macho Man Vs Warrior from 7 and Hogan Vs Warrior from 6 in there just for personal childhood memories. Macho Man/Warrior hasnt aged at all.

savage-n-liz-mania-7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Meh, pretty good list if you ask me. I'll go with it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Im reading some "best Mania ever" type articles over the past week, a few of the usual sites are counting down the best ones, and the feeling is that Steamboat and Savage is highly over-rated.

In hindsight its more 4 star than 5.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    the feeling is that Steamboat and Savage is highly over-rated.

Wow, I'll tell V1. He'll be delighted! One thing I don't see on the internet is the ability to distinguish importance vs objective quality. Like the first videogame (a form of Pong) is EXTREMELY important & historically relevant, but that doesn't make it the best videogame ever made. Steamboat/Savage was one of the most important matches ever, as the first big Mania match to do multiple false finishes, the blueprint for main events for decades to come, but it shouldn't be heralded as the greatest match of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow, I'll tell V1. He'll be delighted! One thing I don't see on the internet is the ability to distinguish importance vs objective quality. Like the first videogame (a form of Pong) is EXTREMELY important & historically relevant, but that doesn't make it the best videogame ever made. Steamboat/Savage was one of the most important matches ever, as the first big Mania match to do multiple false finishes, the blueprint for main events for decades to come, but it shouldn't be heralded as the greatest match of all time.

I'm going to quote myself from May 2008:
    Venturas commentary made matches seem better than they were.

People always go on about how great the Savage and Steamboat match was, but I've seen it dozens of times and it is a good match, but not as great as people say it was.

I'm convinced many people only have that opinion because about fifteen or sixteen minutes in Jesse says "This is the best pro wrestling match I've ever seen." and it just stuck in peoples minds.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow, I'll tell V1. He'll be delighted! c

Who is V1?

Steamboat/Savage was one of the most important matches ever, as the first big Mania match to do multiple false finishes, the blueprint for main events for decades to come

I think Savage and Warrior at Mania did that a thousand times better in setting the blueprint for false finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania XXX shouldnt be anywhere near this list.

Dep! wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H at Wrestlemania XXX shouldnt be anywhere near this list.

Agreed. It was the second best opening match of a Wrestlemania but still not strong enough to make the all time top ten.

Advertisement