Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cramping 3 days post D&C

Options
  • 17-03-2015 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi sorry if theres too much info but need some advice,

I miscarried last fri at 12weeks , the doctors decided to do a d&c on saturday as i was unable to stand with the pain.
    I woke up from surgery feeling great and the severe pain had gone, just a dull ache remained which i had expected like period pain with sharp pains into my bum and tummy now and then.
    I am now 3 days post d&c and am still very tender and having these pains so much so that i find walking to far hard and take nurofen with codiene with paracetemol so i can get to sleep. The nurse that discharged me told me to go back if i am having pain that parcetemol isint taking away, i guess i just dont want to go back and be told im being dramatic ðŸ˜႒ The bleeding is now very very light.
    Also does anybody know if i can have a soak in the bath to relieve the pain, my doctor didnt say not too so im assuming its ok, some people say not too because i was dilated it carries risk of infection but after having my son i could have a bath and i was dilated with him so just a little confused.
    So Anyway long story short is this cramping pain normal for so long after d&c and can i take a bath to relieve it ?
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I think you should definitely go back to your doctor. I had the same procedure two weeks ago and had very little to no pain at all and was completely recovered within a couple of days. The nurse discharging me said the pain post op will never be as bad as the miscarriage pain so I think it's worth checking out.

Hope all goes well x

Advertisement