Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Tour of Ireland

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

Reminder that this great little 6 day race starts next Tuesday in Ennis.Great to see approx. 60 Irish riders this year to mix it with the international contingent.Great to see the rise in numbers[less than 2 0 Irish 5 or 6 yrs ago.Leinster have 3 teams Munster have 4 teams plus other club.regional,and of course the National team led by Mr E D.37th edition of the race and grealat praise must go to Alice and her team for keeping it on the road on a shoestring,with no title sponsor for some time now.Anyway im really looking forward to it,and really enjoy working with the lads at this age as you get real eagerness and hope from them.Keeping them at it at this stage is of the essence and if they come away from it with a real zest for the sport going forward,then its a job well done.Hope to do a few updates during the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

oh to be 16 again, on summer holidays and off for a 6 day race. Best of luck to all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Alice requested a club car from Wexford Wheelers , that we gladly provided, and a Large Van was provided by South East Road Club in Gorey, upon request.

Bets of luck to Alice and Frank and to all the junior participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

anyone have route maps for the stages. I'm struggling to find info of the route other than a list of the towns but theres no road numbers or timings. Hoped to see a stage or two and even the locals in the area don't know anything about it other than mysterious road markings that appeared the other day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Stunning win today from Dunbar. This race is great for the Irish juniors. We have one from my club at it.

Irish team looking good for the worlds. Strong medal chance.

anyone have route maps for the stages. I'm struggling to find info of the route other than a list of the towns but theres no road numbers or timings. Hoped to see a stage or two and even the locals in the area don't know anything about it other than mysterious road markings that appeared the other day;)

This site as them and timings and a map. http://www.juniortourofireland.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

This site as them and timings and a map. http://www.juniortourofireland.com/

Tks but I was looking for an actual zoom able map cos despite knowing area well I'm struggling to work it out to give directions.

Tks but I was looking for an actual zoom able map cos despite knowing area well I'm struggling to work it out to give directions.

Ahh right, that's all I can see to be honest.
    Dunno where a zoomable route map would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Stunning win today from Dunbar. This race is great for the Irish juniors. We have one from my club at it.

Irish team looking good for the worlds. Strong medal chance.

How strong is this lad, to ride away from a chasing US HotTubes Team, including the US National Junior Champ, and put 3 minutes into them having jumped at the gun and dropped all his company, that's just savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Inquitus wrote: »
    How strong is this lad, to ride away from a chasing US HotTubes Team, including the US National Junior Champ, and put 3 minutes into them having jumped at the gun and dropped all his company, that's just savage.

Phenomenal. Absolutely stunning riding.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Awesome ride today !

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »

Some talent. I see he's on the Vitus An post bike. IS that a sign he's signed with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Some talent. I see he's on the Vitus An post bike. IS that a sign he's signed with them?

My Irish is nearly as bad as the ministers but they just spent a few mins talking about the junior tour and Eddie on tg4 and it would appear that he has signed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GMCI

The highlights program that has been broadcast on Setanta since July is now going to be broadcast on TG4 tomorrow, Wednesday 3rd at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

GMCI wrote: »
    The highlights program that has been broadcast on Setanta since July is now going to be broadcast on TG4 tomorrow, Wednesday 3rd at 8pm

fair dues to those behind the junior tour, finally getting an irish cycling event , onto the national airways.

Hope the door is opening to produce more Ireland content for the Ireland tv channel.

Looking forward to seeing the presentation,

well done to those behind getting the event to TV.

You are leading the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Its also up on You Tube for those of us without Setanta.

http://youtu.be/Cq31YVbxBRU

Advertisement