Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a story I saw here...

Options
  • 22-04-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a short story I saw a couple of months ago here and was wondering whether anyone can give me a link to it ( I've searched for it but can't find it ), here's a synopsis of the plot:

A guy kills a pedestrian while driving irresponsibly, the story then skips to years later, this same guy is now married and having an affair with a younger woman. One day he's driving to a meeting with his mistress, in the mean time receiving several calls from his wife which he doesn't answer. When he gets to the place where they had planned to meet, he finds a note saying something along the lines of " you destroyed my life, now I've destroyed yours " , after which he realises the woman he's been having an affair with is the daughter of the man he killed. The missed calls from his wife are because she has been told, by the daughter, of her husbands infidelity. I'm not sure how the story ends.

I'm looking for it because I remember really liking it, and I'd love to read it again after I randomly remembered it recently. Any info about where the story is, or which member posted the story would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Awh, E38, you've just made my day - thank you so much!!

(One little thing though: now that you've found the story again, maybe you might edit your post so that you don't spell out the plot in its entirety - just in case anyone who hasn't read the story before stumbles upon it through the link provided by Das Kitty and would like to give it a read without knowing the plot/twist. I'd really appreciate that. You can click on the 'edit' button to change your post. Thanks.)

Advertisement