Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Croker for Sunday

Options
  • 28-08-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭

Where do Donegal fans usually park when playing in Croker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

A friend of mine usually parks in Clonliffe College, costs €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I use Whitehall Chapel and usually walk to Croker from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rohoso

Clonliffe is very handy and safe

I intend using Clonliffe on Sunday week for the hurling final and today I found out a wee bit more about it. When you are leaving the car park they don't allow any cars out for a while to give pedestrians a chance to leave. The other thing is when you exit to the Drumcondra Road they don't allow you to turn right. You have to go left towards the city and then double back if you are heading north. Its only a small thing but it just makes it a bit more awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

pbarr wrote: »
    I intend using Clonliffe on Sunday week for the hurling final and today I found out a wee bit more about it. When you are leaving the car park they don't allow any cars out for a while to give pedestrians a chance to leave. The other thing is when you exit to the Drumcondra Road they don't allow you to turn right. You have to go left towards the city and then double back if you are heading north. Its only a small thing but it just makes it a bit more awkward.

Park in there a good few times and always had no problem in turning right coming out on Drumcondra road there has always beena Guard there to lets maybe 10 cars out a time, just can be very slow getting out of there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

In a big line in front of the posts.

Park in there a good few times and always had no problem in turning right coming out on Drumcondra road there has always beena Guard there to lets maybe 10 cars out a time, just can be very slow getting out of there

I haven't ever in there myself but thats good to know that you can turn right when you come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Technique

For the semi-final in 2012 I parked in Clonliffe College. It was really close to the ground, but took maybe an hour to get out of after the game.

For the final, I parked in the grounds of Ierne Sports Club in Grace Park Road, next to Tolka Park (look it up in Google Maps). It's an extra 10 minutes walk to the ground, but getting away after the game is a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I've never been allowed turn right coming out of Clonliffe College but in saying that, it was always bumper to bumper when I've been trying. If ur leaving a little early or a little later, I'd figure turning right should be ok. It's also usually been a long wait to get outta the place.

The Regency Hotel is 20 mins walk but there's traffic lights so getting out is handy.

St Vincent's school is also 20 mins walk but it's handy to get away from too.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭logie110

Technique wrote: »
    For the semi-final in 2012 I parked in Clonliffe College. It was really close to the ground, but took maybe an hour to get out of after the game.

For the final, I parked in the grounds of Ierne Sports Club in Grace Park Road, next to Tolka Park (look it up in Google Maps). It's an extra 10 minutes walk to the ground, but getting away after the game is a lot quicker.

whats the cost for parking here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Technique

logie110 wrote: »
    whats the cost for parking here?

I think it was a tenner?

Wasn't extortionate, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Too late for Sunday, but might be relevant for the Final.

I parked in the Mater car park. Special rate of EUR 6 for the day (9am - 9pm).

Booked via www.eurocarparks.ie

Bit of a queue getting out, but it was tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭logie110

hi guys..used the q park at clerys in marlborough street..8 quid for the day when you show your match ticket..cheers for all the replys..

I'm going to the hurling final on Saturday evening and I'm wondering does anybody know is there any advantage to coming in via the port tunnel and then turning right for Clonliffe Rd via East wall Rd.

Advertisement