Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unworn wig from cancer -

Options
  • 27-07-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

My mother-in-law passed away from cancer a couple of years back. She had bought a wig prior to entering chemo, but never wore it. Does anyone know of a charity/organisation that would be interested in it? I rang a few cancer charities but came up blank.

I guess wig colour/size/styling is such a personal thing that finding a new person that it suits would be a big ask, so maybe there is no organisation interested. I figure it's worth a shot though, be a shame to chuck it out.

Slan,
    Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

In case anyone else has a similar question I found a place in Cork which has a wig clinic whereby wigs are available to people free of charge. They'e called The Girls Club Cork and can be found at www.thegirlsclubcork.ie or on 021-4949090.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Hi,
    I've finished treatment for cancer and would love to be able to donate my 2 wigs, mulitple scarves etc. to a charity/service that might be able to use them. I know of charities in the U.S. that take such donations but none here. Can anyone advise?
    Many thanks,
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Maybe donate them to a local drama club or check out an alopecia society would they take them? I think most people in Ireland are intitled to a free wig if undergoing chemo so not sure if there be much need off cancer charity needing them? .

Advertisement