Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my rights

Options
  • 14-05-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am an American married to an Irish man living in Dublin. I have been here for 11 years and I am on a stamp 4 immigration status. My husband is on the dole and we receive rent supplement. My husband has recently become unbearable to live with for a variety of reasons, including alcohol abuse.I would like to separate ie-have him move out as I need to remain in the family home with our two children ages 16 and 10 and we live near their schools. I am their primary caretaker and do everything regarding their care. I need to know what my rights are as far as social services, if I can get the family portion of the dole money and the rent allowance put into my name as my husband is also incredibly irresponsible with money and would not be dependable to be fair. Does anyone know or have any experience with a similar situation? I would appreciate any feedback.

Advertisement