Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobeseeker's Allowance

• 20-09-2011 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I recently applied for JSA. I gave them everything they asked me for. Today I received a letter saying I need proof " of any advertised jobs you applied for."
    My problem is. There are no advertised jobs that I can find. Even if I could. How could I "prove" that I applied for this particular job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Lee1993 wrote: »
    I recently applied for JSA. I gave them everything they asked me for. Today I received a letter saying I need proof " of any advertised jobs you applied for."
    My problem is. There are no advertised jobs that I can find. Even if I could. How could I "prove" that I applied for this particular job?

Seriously...

You should definitely be applying for advertised jobs whether they are in your field or not. Print out a copy of the online ad, or a newspaper cutout for ads advertised in the newspaper. Also keep copies of letters or emails you sent to potential employers, as well as confirmation emails that your application was received, and rejection letters. Finally you need to keep a list of phonecalls (or visits to company premises) you made while looking for jobs containing the name of the company, and the name and job title of the person you spoke to.

Because "I couldn't find any advertised jobs and even if I could I can't prove I applied for them" sounds pretty dumb when the onus is on you to prove you are applying for jobs in order to receive your payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Seriously...

You should definitely be applying for advertised jobs whether they are in your field or not. Print out a copy of the online ad, or a newspaper cutout for ads advertised in the newspaper. Also keep copies of letters or emails you sent to potential employers, as well as confirmation emails that your application was received, and rejection letters. Finally you need to keep a list of phonecalls (or visits to company premises) you made while looking for jobs containing the name of the company, and the name and job title of the person you spoke to.

Because "I couldn't find any advertised jobs and even if I could I can't prove I applied for them" sounds pretty dumb when the onus is on you to prove you are applying for jobs in order to receive your payment.

You should also register with recruitment agencies to prove that you are looking for work.

Advertisement