Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Parent Family and Rent Allowace = 19 years old

• 17-09-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello my name Igor im live with my mom I have problem, unfortunatelly I didint pass leaving cert 2 times (one time was better) and my application form I bring to others school into Further Education too late, even if I want repeat 6th year they dont wanna take me, to any school. And in courses is only a part time, I need a full time courses but im interested to Art, Media (photography) but I afraid with my mom they can take from us a one parent family witch is needed by us. What I have supposed to do? go to any other full time courses and show them or makin other claims?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

See if the One Parent Family Payment webpage on citizens information can help you. It is at this link:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/one_parent_family_payment.html

I see it says the following:
    2011 and 2012 The age limit will remain 18
    and
    Exceptions to the age limit

There are exceptions to the age limit which will apply to both new and existing claimants. Existing claimants are people claiming before April 2011. Some of these exceptions will not be relevant to existing claimants until 2013 because this is when lower age limits will begin to apply.
    Payments for older children

Where there is an entitlement to a One-Parent Family Payment based on the age of the youngest child in the family, payment of an Increase for a Qualified Child (IQC) will continue for other children in the family until they reach 18 or 22 if in full-time education.

To me, that indicates that your mom will only continue to recieve the payment if you have a younger brother or sister which allows her to qualify for it.

As you are 19, it looks like the only reason she continued to recieve it was because you were in full time education (unless you have a younger brother or sister).

As for yourself, if you are having trouble in school at leaving cert level, maybe see if you can find alternative education or maybe go back to a level which you would be more comfortable in.

Maybe you do not need to get a leaving cert to enter the art, media or photography industry. I'd say going into FAS and discussing this with them might help you find information.

If you'd rather go back to school, then have a think if you might need to try doing the junior cert again. You are young even though it might not seem it.

Advertisement