Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

trying diy divorce

Options
  • 14-04-2015 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi could someone please tell how do i go about getting forms to apply for divorce i dont want to use solicitor as my x husband and i are good friends and both want divorce

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 guest1980

Hi Noleen

I did a DIY Divorce, just at the final stages now - had the registrars court the other day and have gotten a date in a couple of weeks for the final divorce.

My husband and I were not on speaking terms AT ALL so I used a DIY divorce company, just so I had someone to ask, as I was worried id mess it up. It was straight forward enough, small bit of toing and froing to the courthouse and to get documents sworn but all very straight forward as we had no kids and property was already sorted. You can get the documents from the courts website under family law and divorce and u can even edit them online and print them off. I found the people working in the office in the courthouse so so helpful. I think they understand people cant afford to use solicitors anymore so they will tell you exactly what you need to do at what stage.

Best of luck with it. The only thing I did find daunting is going to the courthouse when everyone else had solicitors but I had to go on my own as my husband was a "no show". I'll let you know if all goes smoothly at the end of the month...fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I used a service as well to make sure I had done all the documents properly and my ex was living outside the country so I wanted to make sure. The court staff are really helpful and will answer any queries. As said above you can download the forms from the court site if you want to do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noleen1980

thanks guys very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tomirs

Used DIY dovorce also ...Very simple easy to follow process and costs a fraction off what a lawyer would cost you :) Took 5 months start to finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Did anyone manage a pension adjustment order with a DIY divorce?

• Advertisement

I didn't need one but yes they do pension adjustment order they tell you what information you need and give you the paperwork to sort them its an extra fee off around 150€ as i did not need it i did not spend much time looking into it .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 guest1980

Hiya

Yes I did a Pension Adjustment Order with my DIY Divorce.

All I had to do was give them the information on who my pension was with etc and they did the rest. it was an extra €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

guest1980 wrote: »
    Hiya

Yes I did a Pension Adjustment Order with my DIY Divorce.

All I had to do was give them the information on who my pension was with etc and they did the rest. it was an extra €50

Yep mine was the same. 50 euro and they completed all the paperwork for me to send to my pension group

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bored reader

Very helpful information here.
    I'm in the same situation. No pension but we have a property together.
    Any idea of cost / figures?
    My solicitor quoted €8,000 :eek: last year.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Regards

BR

DIY cost me under 500€ property adjustment order ( house to be sold and mortgage paid off and then split 50/50 as i requested ..if you cant agree on how to divide it just agree to let the judge decide who gets what ) was included as was maintenance order /school/medical cost / tax bill ..all done and dusted in under 6 months

• Advertisement
Advertisement