Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPSN Swipe Card/Supplementary Welfare

• 20-09-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,
    I applied for JA/B for the first time recently. My claim is still being processed so Im on supplementary welfare right now. I never got a PPSN Swipe Card before. I went to social welfare office three times and was completely fobbed off; first by a woman who shouted at me and told me I had no business being there as I was on supplementary welfare so it was nothing to do with them, the next time they again said it wasnt to do with them and then finally someone there actually let me apply for a PPSN card but they still wouldnt give me a temporary one. My post office has been patient but its been weeks now and they said they cant keep paying me without at least a temporary card..So, my question is;
    Can i get a temporary card when I'm on Supplementary welfare?
    If i can, where do I get it??
    Im really anxious to sort this out, Im scared the PO wont give me my money without out it this week :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The CWO's (who are all now part of Dept Social Protection) are able to issue temporary cards, they should have asked did you have one when you applied for SWA and ordered one for you. Although the days of the old swipe card are numbered and the new Public Service Cards (with your photo) are being phased in.

I wouldn't let yon gom in the LO get away with that either, again as the Dept has taken over the SWA role, technically it is their business. A word with the Manager is required if that lark keep up.

Advertisement