Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice im only working 2 days a week

Options
  • 18-09-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    For reason of very low morale and feeling embarresed and stuff ive decided not to log in as myself for this post.
    To explain the story,i was working a full time job in dublin up untill feb of this year,there was talk of being put down to 3 days weeks for long time and i get very depressed and worried over this,to the point were i ended up in hospital with very bad chest pains etc,scary at 26 years of age.i was told i suffer from panic attacks and stuff from young age and got ulcers etc from this.
    I knew if i was put down to 3 day weeks id not be able to afford rent and living in dublin so i looked for another job.i found one back home in galway were my family live and moved home to save money and stop my worrying and getting myself sick.
    Unfortunetly that job are now only giving me 2 or 3 days a week and im struggling finnacially with this.
    Is there any bennifit i can qualify for? I cant quit(dont want to anyway) cos i wouldnt qualify for anything either because i would of left employment.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Really appreciate any help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

How many days a week were you working when you first moved back to Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hi,
    For reason of very low morale and feeling embarresed and stuff ive decided not to log in as myself for this post.
    To explain the story,i was working a full time job in dublin up untill feb of this year,there was talk of being put down to 3 days weeks for long time and i get very depressed and worried over this,to the point were i ended up in hospital with very bad chest pains etc,scary at 26 years of age.i was told i suffer from panic attacks and stuff from young age and got ulcers etc from this.
    I knew if i was put down to 3 day weeks id not be able to afford rent and living in dublin so i looked for another job.i found one back home in galway were my family live and moved home to save money and stop my worrying and getting myself sick.
    Unfortunetly that job are now only giving me 2 or 3 days a week and im struggling finnacially with this.
    Is there any bennifit i can qualify for? I cant quit(dont want to anyway) cos i wouldnt qualify for anything either because i would of left employment.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Really appreciate any help :(

I think you need to join some kind of club to get you out an about.Thats one thing.
    As far as i know you are entitled to being paid for the other days you arent working.
    You should go to your local Welfare officer with all your details and i am sure they will help you out.
    Best of luck dont feel down on yourself and wish you best of luck and good health and happiness :)

Advertisement